Hi all, just got a Gibson Robot and so far I'm very impressed with it! The tone..the tuning system..the colour, it's all good.

However..when I try to tune to any of the tuning settings, the bass E string won't tune. It just remains red. All the other strings are fine. Any chance I've accidently turned on a setting which keeps the string from tuning, or is there something more serious going on? The guitar has not sustained any bumps or damage whatsoever, it's only a few hours christened! Advice/help?

Thank-you.

PS..this is only a recent development..there was no problem tuning the bass E string before.
You bought one? Here I though no one would buy one! Well, I guess I was proven wrong.
You probably just jumbled the tuning settings or maybe a gear is busted in the tuner.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
yeah i highly doubt anyone's help would be accurate. since none of us owns a robot. ur better off contacting customer support, they were very knowledgable for my les paul
is the tuning peg actually turning. if not something in that motor is broken and contact gibson. hell on this site they said when the visited NAMM the gibson robot wasnt working
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
it has a manual, but no troubleshooting as far as i can see. i hope a gear hasnt busted already! Oh well, guess I'll have to give em a call. Thanks!
Quote by thejester
is the tuning peg actually turning. if not something in that motor is broken and contact gibson. hell on this site they said when the visited NAMM the gibson robot wasnt working

As soon as I heard about the guitar I knew that it'd cause endless problems, especially over time
ohai little sig.
So when you tune it manually (can you tune it manually...?), does it tune?
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
oh, the string will tune manually..kind of takes away from the whole automatic tuning experience though! *sigh
Quote by sonictrio
oh, the string will tune manually..kind of takes away from the whole automatic tuning experience though! *sigh

The whole self-tuning thing is kind of a gimmick IMHO.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
See this is the problem when you put computer technology in guitars: they can crash or be buggy.

On the other hand, maybe you have to strum the string harder to "kick in" the mechanism, or maybe the tuner is broken. To bad you can't "restart"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WetVXbYRfWk
this might help. Idunno. Customer support has the means and the knowledge to help you, doesnt mean they will. Why did u get the Robot guitar anyway.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Quote by Punk_Ninja
. . .please don't tell me that you can't manually tune this?

If the gears broke you can't manually tune any guitar. I guess the Robot just puts too much pressure on it somehow?