Got a little problem here don't know which guitar to buy. Brought it down to:
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page2008.php?area_id=3&data_id=1234&color=CL01&year=2008&cat_id=1&series_id=51
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/eg_page2008.php?area_id=3&data_id=1251&color=CL01&year=2008&cat_id=1&series_id=53

Price is pretty much the same.
The 1570 has got an Edge Pro bridge and V7/V8 pickups. What I don't like about it is that I can only purchase it in the colours shown on the link and I don't really like them (neither mirage blue nor SUEDE red/black).

The RGT6EXFX has got a fixed bridge and EMG 81/85!!!! pickups (which won't sound much better than the V's on my Vox AD15 Amp, right !???!). I love the classic shiney, black look of it.

Can someone please tell me the differences/preferences of the Edge pro, fixed brigde??
I also want to know what is better about the prestige series.

And in case the 1570 is a lot better: do its preferences justify picking it in a colour i don't really like
Last edited by Seraphs Wings at Feb 3, 2008,
get a new amp, it would make you sound much better
Also, those colours are awesome, don't get black all the time.
i wouldnt buy a guitar if you hate the way it looks, espeically if you havent played it and know how it feels to you.

if you hate the way it looks you wont be inspired to play it and you'll get bored quickly with it.

on topic, id buy the 1570 because i like the trem, but both will be fine guitars
I'm not really a black guitar kind of guy, but that second one is really nice looking.

I'd imagine it's metal only though.
The Edge Pro is a double locking floating trem, so you can use the whammy bar to raise and lower the pitch without loss of tuning stability. (Actually, you lose a very little bit, but not so much that it is obvious.) However, if you depend on changing tuning often, it's gonna be hard as you have to unlock the clamps at the nut and then retune and rebalance the bridge (the trem works on a force balancing system) before you can start playing again.

Fixed bridge guitars have solid tuning and you can change tunings very easily. There is no whammy bar fiddle business here, so no divebombs and stuff.

As for those guitars...

- In terms of quality and craftmanship, the RG1570 will rape the RGT6EXFX as Japanese craftmanship smokes Korean craftmanship.
- Edge Pro is a great trem, no worries.

Do you plan on changing tunings on a regular basis?
Quote by Mwoit
The Edge Pro is a double locking floating trem, so you can use the whammy bar to raise and lower the pitch without loss of tuning stability. (Actually, you lose a very little bit, but not so much that it is obvious.) However, if you depend on changing tuning often, it's gonna be hard as you have to unlock the clamps at the nut and then retune and rebalance the bridge (the trem works on a force balancing system) before you can start playing again.

Fixed bridge guitars have solid tuning and you can change tunings very easily. There is no whammy bar fiddle business here, so no divebombs and stuff.

As for those guitars...

- In terms of quality and craftmanship, the RG1570 will rape the RGT6EXFX as Japanese craftmanship smokes Korean craftmanship.
- Edge Pro is a great trem, no worries.

Do you plan on changing tunings on a regular basis?

No I would only use this guitar for playing metal (drop C). I got another guitar for Blues so I would not have to change tuning.
^ Aye the 1570 is a better made guitar and I absolutely love mine

^ And yeah, if you're in a single tuning once you've got the bridge set up you're dandy, just don't be like a spate of noobs we had a few weeks ago who got floating bridges and realised they take effort to set up, but there's plenty of sources (especially on the Floyd Rose site)

This is a picture of some one on heres 1570 and the ibby sites pic is very unrealistic, unless its in direct bright light at a proper angle does it really look like that, other times its a cool blue or black

^Then yeah, the RG1570 is pretty killer then. Although the V / S series pickups aren't so amazing compared to EMGs (although that is subjective), the RG1570 owns pretty much.

Have you actually seen a RG1570 in person? They look much better in person. If you do happen to see one, try one out; the neck may not to be your liking.
The stock pickups aren't actually that bad but depending on your amp you would probably eventually swap the pups, I have a set of Dimarzio's in mine.
But aye definitely check them out in real life, they have a very flat neck which can take you as a bit of a suprise but it REALLY grew on me

So aye, just check everything out and hope you make the right decision for you man
Quote by philipisabeast

^ And yeah, if you're in a single tuning once you've got the bridge set up you're dandy, just don't be like a spate of noobs we had a few weeks ago who got floating bridges and realised they take effort to set up, but there's plenty of sources (especially on the Floyd Rose site)

This is a picture of some one on heres 1570 and the ibby sites pic is very unrealistic, unless its in direct bright light at a proper angle does it really look like that, other times its a cool blue or black

Hey thanks for the pic, it really looks better!
^Trust me, you HAVE to look at it in person. I thought the RG1570 was butt ugly when I saw it (but I try as hard as possible to not think about aesthetics... unless it's a girl ) but in person it's very nice.
Quote by Mwoit
^Trust me, you HAVE to look at it in person. I thought the RG1570 was butt ugly when I saw it (but I try as hard as possible to not think about aesthetics... unless it's a girl ) but in person it's very nice.

I'm gonna check out the 1570 in a store tommorow. If I like it I'm gonna take it with me right away.
Last edited by Seraphs Wings at Feb 3, 2008,
Quote by Seraphs Wings
I'm gonna check out the 1570 in a store tommorow. If I like it I'm gonna take it with me right away.

Read this for info on Ibanez trems.

Trust me, it helps a lot!

Is this your first time with a double locking trem? For some noobs, it may cause some headaches but if you approach it with a calm and INFORMATIVE head, you'll be fine.
^ Yep logic is the way to deal with these trems

This is the Floyd Rose site and you can easily follow the instructions to apply them to the Edge Pro (all that is different is the layout of bolts and stuff and not having to snip the balls off)
http://www.floydrose.com/originaltremolo.html

When you go in, also remember that the neck is likely to be very different from what you've played before if you've not had the chance with one before, but bear with it and see the benefits they can bring

EDIT: Has anyone seen the Matt Red 1570? It's rather.....saddening
Last edited by philipisabeast at Feb 3, 2008,
^Is that bad or a good thing? I think it looks pretty neat in person, black sometimes... then shoom, it's red all over you!
Quote by philipisabeast

Very nice.
Get the 1570. Its very versatile, and has that wonderful brisge that is the Edge Pro. Imagine all the crazy stuff that you can do with that!

And I believe that the EMG 81/85 are active, right? Well the V's on 1570 are passive, so no batteries lol
OMG LOOK! I'TS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by Hobolad
I think instruments are as hard to play as you make them, y'know?

EDIT: Damn, I fail for posting serious.