Recently I tried out a telecaster at a store and I loved it! Atm, I have near $400 saved up and I can probably buy a MiM standard telecaster soon if I wanted to. But their are a lot of different types of telecasters. What do you guys recommend to be a good telecaster and what's the difference between like an American or MiM or deluxe or reissues?
I just bought an american yesterday, they're so much better than the foreign ones...cost me 700 for a highway one
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Quote by Guitarist132
I just bought an american yesterday, they're so much better than the foreign ones...cost me 700 for a highway one

Oh yeah, that was the one I tried out at my store. It was 750 over there, but they are American made? I thought since it was under a grand it was still foreign made. However, grats on the guitar because I really liked that highway one
I'm assuming you're right handed. If so, then just look around, or if you're planning on buying from a local shop, then go in and ask to see Fender's catalogue, although it's available online; it's a lot cheaper to buy a guitar that the store has in-stock, or at least from personal experience.

I saw this nice blood red Tele with a Bigsby, and I believe it was a MiM.
I'm left handed, so I settled with a Mexican standard, but the choices are endless for the right hand man

I hope you love the one you select.
Global warming at my homework, sir.
Quote by Demoz
Oh yeah, that was the one I tried out at my store. It was 750 over there, but they are American made? I thought since it was under a grand it was still foreign made. However, grats on the guitar because I really liked that highway one

I haggled it down, and highway ones are as cheap as it comes american made. And thanks
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
I love the highway 1´s, and currently one is my main
Washburn JB100 Customshop USA
Squire Stratocaster, Squire Telecaster, highway 1 tele,
FM65r amp, Marshall MS-4 & FM-15r
Washburn b-9 five string banjo, Eagle dreadnought acoustic. Art & lutherie AMI.
Quote by Tele Echoes
I saw this nice blood red Tele with a Bigsby, and I believe it was a MiM.
I'm left handed, so I settled with a Mexican standard, but the choices are endless for the right hand man

I believe those are made in Japan. I read somewhere that the special edition red Tele with a Bigsby & body binding was made in Japan.
How do the Mexican telecasters compare to the highway ones and American?
Quote by Demoz
How do the Mexican telecasters compare to the highway ones and American?

the mexican ones are really great
try one of the 72 reissues, they are amazing for the money
J5 tele. yeah the guy uses it for sorta metal like sound but im sure you can get what you want out of it