Page 1 of 2
im thinking that a ultimate-guitar music festival would be freaking sweet, have bands perform at the ultimate guitar festival then have a seperate stage for bands votedto play on this website. it would promote the website make some money, you dont have to go on a tour but it would be cool. i know theres a cost thing but if ultimate guitar put together some money. it could start something. i would be down with going to one becuase you would meet other ugers. maybe give some sort of benifit or something for going to the shows. some sort of incentitive for going if you are alread ya member before a certain date.
Quote by 12Jim34
Yeah they should call one of the stages The Pit.

and have thousands of 13-16 year olds wank at once for an opening act?
When all else fails, ask the pit.
Since you know. Most of the users on this are 14-15 and based in the uk/us, and The site is in Russia..
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
o rly?!

i love you fuhevuhs Aero
Great idea!

It would be a mix of Indie-ers, Emos, Goths, Metalheads, Classical-ers, Punks, Hippies and Old Rockers!

GAS
Throbak Stonebender | Fulltone Deja Vibe | Catalinbread Semaphore
we could have lots of little ones linked by interweb
That was a rare post..

My band on:myspace facebook UG
Leeds '07 '08 '09!
I don't know the answer, or have anything funny to say, but dude that is one sweet Bulbasaur avatar
That'd be really gay though. Still a bunch of 14-15 year olds.
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
o rly?!

i love you fuhevuhs Aero
This is why we've been trying to get that damn missile silo! So we can have events like this
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by I-Watch-Anime

Sounds good to me...
that might be cool if we had different stages like different forums and stuff so we'd have classic, modern, metal, blues, alt, indie, other
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
this should be hosted in the missile base!!!!!
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
I think Harpsichoid would probably have to headline.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Stages
Metal/Rock
Indie/Alternative rock
Pop-Punk/Punk
The Pit (a bit of everything)
Open Mic
Quote by SmarterChild
Sounds good to me...

Eww, don't even think about things like that
Quote by filthandfury
Stages
Metal/Rock
Indie/Alternative rock
Pop-Punk/Punk
The Pit (a bit of everything)
Open Mic

Ahem* where is the jazz stage?
Quote by str84ever
Ahem* where is the jazz stage?

ahaahahahhaha!

oh...you were serious...
im being kinda serious, im my city venues are cheap, for warped they just use this big slab of concrete and there were like 12 stages, it was pretty wicked. same kinda thing except people can enter there own band or nominate a band to play. as for the big stage i think it would be up to the booking people to decode whose gonna play, but for the small to medium stages totally let it up to the band and people to choose whose gonna play. i would totally go especially if really unqie good bands came. good idea with the differnt musical genre stages. rate them on intensity :P 1-10.
Quote by korinaflyingv
*shakes head furiously*

kidding, i like jazz.
well it could, make a poll asking where everyone is from and what part of there country there from. make a festival in each area. differnt bands, same set up. just hire people to set up everything in that country.

edit: also it doenst just have to be ugers attending, it can be everyone, but people who are on ug and get onto a list get special treatment.
Surely it would be a better idea to get a UG Record Label going, then use those bands to play gigs and promote UG.

Then do a UG tour...
Quote by iamtompublic
Surely it would be a better idea to get a UG Record Label going, then use those bands to play gigs and promote UG.

Then do a UG tour...

not bad, but a spinoff of that, the best band that plays who isnt signed gets a contract with ug records. it can be one of the prizes that a band can win. have a battle for the contract stage.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I think Harpsichoid would probably have to headline.

I would actually really support that.
Dickless.
haha if we actually did have a festival, i would look after the hardcore/metal area. dont make fun at me
It is quite a cool idea, but would probably be impossible. Still, it would be cool.
Lets All Goto Mars: The I The FLAMING LIPS Club
...and what makes you think UG has collective brain power to organise such an event?

We are horny teenagers en masse. Not event planners. Back to the drawing board I think.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
UG records would be a pretty cool thing. I heard talk of a UG tour, but that was a long time ago
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
We could have like a G3 kind of thing, but with lots of guitarists.
It would be UG3. Or UGseveralthousand!
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Quote by Ichimaru
We could have like a G3 kind of thing, but with lots of guitarists.
It would be UG3. Or UGseveralthousand!

Hehe... It's funny because it's not...

However that would be very ****in' cool.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by Spay
This is why we've been trying to get that damn missile silo! So we can have events like this

Edit - We need a jazz, blues, grunge, ska and classical stage please. K thx!
Quote by I-Watch-Anime

Everyone playing Hangar 18 at the same time!!!!!
Id go.
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
Page 1 of 2