Alright, I know how to achieve this tone, but what amp settings did Clapton use? He only describes the guitar settings.

Thanks!
SG COMMANDO #2041

Guitar:

1967 Gibson SG Jr.
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone MM-30E

Amp
Fender Blues Jr. NOS (tweed, bitches)
Pedals

Modded TS9
Cusack Screamer Fuzz V2
Mid-Fi Pitch Pirate
Line 6 DL4
i read on somewhere that his marshall amp was cranked on everything, everything put to 10, bass. treble, mids, and volume

edit: http://www.dinosaurrockguitar.com/bios/Clapton.shtml

"Eric used his Les Paul through 1966 and through the recording of Fresh Cream. But by the time Cream started, Eric had switched from the Marshall combo to a stack: Marshall 1959 100 watt Plexi Superlead Amplifier (EL34s), 1 1960 75 watt 4x12 Angle Front Cabinet + 1 1960B 75 Watt 4x12 Flat Front Cabinet (extra tall version). This was set with…"full on everything — full treble, full bass and full presence" as this was the way he had set the combo. Volume and tonal variations were handled from the guitar controls."
Quote by Supernaut2k
i read on somewhere that his marshall amp was cranked on everything, everything put to 10, bass. treble, mids, and volume

Yeah, and then you pop the guitar on the neck pickup and roll the tone knob down. Then you turn on a way and leave it on a fixed position at about 3/4 forwards.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Ahh I never thought the day would come where I might be asked this....

But as far as the amp goes, max out your volume, bass and mids and maybe to compensate for the Fender's natural brightness roll off some of the treble in the EQ.
i turn up everythign on my amp. and it works.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard