I've had the IK Multimedia Stealthplug for about a year now, and I used it on Windows XP platform for a while. I then got a laptop, and didn't worry about compatibility because it stated directly on the box, compatible with Windows Vista.

I've been trying to install following the exact directions given, but there a few subtle nuances between XP and Vista. I think I've worked past them, but every time that I think I've completed my setup, my computer crashes. Not just a basic everything stops, but the blue screen of death, dumping the physical memory kind of crash.

So is there anyone out there that has experienced a similar problem and found a solution? Alternatively, is there anyone who knows how to install this properly on the Vista OS?

I've tried the IK site, but none of the links work, it's basically dead. No help, whatsoever.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
B.C. Rich Mockingbird NJ Neck-thru
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
get more ram for your computer, and change the compatibility setting on vista to run stealthplug as if it were xp.
Quote by henza_x
errr.. people don't get paid to tab out songs.. its just by ear transcriptions most of the time, why don't you do it yourself?

"coz i can't"

then shut the **** up

Quote by MentalityBand
I would smile at that, but y'know...court order...
Yeah, Vista sucks. But that's not an option. My RAM is 1014, so I don't think it really has anything to do with that. Maybe the compatibility settings. Gotta check.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
asio driver?

Google asio
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
Quote by hotdog_warmcat
Yeah, Vista sucks. But that's not an option. My RAM is 1014, so I don't think it really has anything to do with that. Maybe the compatibility settings. Gotta check.

Assuming you mean MB, that is quite low for Vista. Ram is really cheap atm, so get another GB.

2 GB is the recommended amount for Vista.
Okay, it's installed correctly now and it's working as a sound card. I have no sound from the guitar now though. Any further help would be awesome. Yes, I do have ASIO on my computer. It seems to be a problem with the Stealthplug, not the ASIO, but I'm not really sure.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
Okay, I have it fixed finally. Thanks for the help. If anyone needs any help with it, I'd be more than glad to help out.
My main rig:
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD M-300
Peavey 5150 II
Randall RS412XL

Greatest thread ever.
Quote by hotdog_warmcat
I've had the IK Multimedia Stealthplug for about a year now, and I used it on Windows XP platform for a while. I then got a laptop, and didn't worry about compatibility because it stated directly on the box, compatible with Windows Vista.

I've been trying to install following the exact directions given, but there a few subtle nuances between XP and Vista. I think I've worked past them, but every time that I think I've completed my setup, my computer crashes. Not just a basic everything stops, but the blue screen of death, dumping the physical memory kind of crash.

So is there anyone out there that has experienced a similar problem and found a solution? Alternatively, is there anyone who knows how to install this properly on the Vista OS?

I've tried the IK site, but none of the links work, it's basically dead. No help, whatsoever.

Strange thing is Ive had the same blue screen when running vista, a Toneport with Gearbox, and any recording program. The PC had is first crash ever with this problem....turns out its the drivers:
http://line6.com/support/message.jspa?messageID=138651

it was more random but it did crash a ton which led me to selling the interface on ebay today.

The SP isnt that great of an interface but I also would not suggest a TP if you are having the same problem I did. Can you try a Firewire interface? The drivers are more stable for firewire and my camera works well with it.
The $180 Mackie Onyx Satellite at MF doesnt have vista drivers out yet which is why im going back to XP soon but im sure theres other prducts that work like PCI cards.

The m-audio 2496 is one I use now and it works great.
you run a mixer into it
Last edited by moody07747 at Feb 3, 2008,