With $500, could i get a good amp, an ibanez tube screamer, some sort of good wah pedal, and a distortion pedal? or would it be best to sit back, wait, get a job, and spend a bit more and get some truly nice? im looking to try to get some different tones which i cant rly get with my spider, but i would rather wait and get the thing i truly want if need be
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Just save up a bit, it'll be worth it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Save up, and get something that will last you. Trust me... always feels good when you do!
You can get a nice amp OR a good wah, ts and distortion pedal for $500. Not both at once.
Yamaha RGX 520FZ
Squier Affinitys Strat (customized!)
Johnson 620 Player Acoustic

Boss HM3 hyper metal
Boss CH1 super chorus
Zoom G1X

Peavey Valveking Royal 8
New: Peavey JSX Mini Collosal
Quote by Mwoit
Save up, and get something that will last you. Trust me... always feels good when you do!

yea thats what i did with my strat, i just kept waiting, and now, well i have the perfect guitar IMO.

so i think ill take y'all's advice, thanks
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
save up..about 1 grand. slash wah-169 bucks, esp viper 579 bucks, new ibanez tube screamers(not originals or reissues) 30 or 60 bucks i cant remember thats about...580+170+60= 810$ + tax? and u need an amp. how bout no tube screamer because the slash wah has a built in distortion in it. that gives you an extra 60 bucks leaving u able to buy a nice combo amp on ebay or other site like that. id suggest a randall if u can afford it or a peavey.
Quote by Slash's padawan
save up..about 1 grand. slash wah-169 bucks, esp viper 579 bucks, new ibanez tube screamers(not originals or reissues) 30 or 60 bucks i cant remember thats about...580+170+60= 810$ + tax? and u need an amp. how bout no tube screamer because the slash wah has a built in distortion in it. that gives you an extra 60 bucks leaving u able to buy a nice combo amp on ebay or other site like that. id suggest a randall if u can afford it or a peavey.

He never mentioned getting a guitar. Take off about 579 dollars, minus the tube screamer, minus the Slash wah, add a Vox V848, add a Maxon OD-808 and a quality tube combo = 700 bucks.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
He never mentioned getting a guitar. Take off about 579 dollars, minus the tube screamer, minus the Slash wah, add a Vox V848, add a Maxon OD-808 and a quality tube combo = 700 bucks.

lol yea that is almost exactly what im goin to be looking at

except idk what that Maxon pedal is
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
lol yea that is almost exactly what im goin to be looking at

except idk what that Maxon pedal is

It's like an old Tube screamer. They use the same chips the old ones had.
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
Quote by bored_maniac33
ah nifty

Quite!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster