I need some! I'm just looking for classical compositions in weird modes or scales or anything. Any suggestions? Stuff written in the modes of the harmonic minor would be cool too! Thanks!
Your best bet for modal wouldn't really be in the classical realm, but modal Jazz. It would help a ton to study, John Coltranes later works, Ornette Coleman or jazz of the 50s-60s
Classical music has very rigid conventions (it was the pop music of it's day: mass produced) and is generally key based rather than modal. You'd be better off looking after the classical period ended.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I was afraid of that. Are there any "classic sounding" musicians today that are putting out experimental/modal stuff? I mean, stuff that you'd still call classical, although it's not...
The problem is, once someone starts being modal they do not sound classical anymore.
Well, how about chill orchestral/symphony modal stuff? Like instrumental strings and horns? Or any experimental symphony/orchestra? Sorry to keep pushing this topic, but I'm really interested! And thanks for feedback!
I would look in the general direction of the late Russian romantics. Their music is typically more modal then others, although still mostly key oriented. I would also advise you to look at the French impressionists, most notably, Ravel and Debussy.
theyre usually not in one specific key.

but for one in melodic minor, check bouree in e minor, mozart i believe
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Bouree is from bach lol. Just check out the big classical guys like mozart, bach, beethoven and all them. Bach has the most good stuff for guitar
Quote by Conker
Bouree is from bach lol. Just check out the big classical guys like mozart, bach, beethoven and all them. Bach has the most good stuff for guitar

yes, not mozart, i always forget who wrote it
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
If you look at music (that I guess we'd generally call classical anyway) quite a while before the classical period they used modes.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!