a few days ago i posted a thread about a virus on my computer. now i used a couple anti-virus programs and got most of the **** deleted, however there is one file that will not delete, and therefore more trojans are getting downloaded on my computer. now i can't delete the file because it is always open, but i have no idea how to close it, and restarting my computer dosent help because it is the first file to open. anyone know how i can remove it? i was thinking i could disable autorun for all the files on my computer, but i do not know how to do this. help?
Reboot in safe mode and run AVG.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
No problem. If you know the name of the file, we should be able to do this.

When booting up your PC, keep hitting F8 key. It will bring up the boot menu. Chose to start in "Safe Mode". You should then be able to delete it.

If not, click START > RUN and type "msconfig". Click on the "Startup" Tab and untick next to the file's name. Reboot your PC.

A message will appear informing you that you used msconfig when Windows opens. Click the tick box and press OK. This will stop that message appearing again. You should now be able to delete the file.

Let me know if you need any other help.
You can stop it from running in task manager. Go in processes and you'll have to find it. If the error that's stopping you from deleting it is just the fact that it's running, just end the process then delete it.
Quote by Thornography
You can stop it from running in task manager. Go in processes and you'll have to find it. If the error that's stopping you from deleting it is just the fact that it's running, just end the process then delete it.

i tried that, it dosen't let you end the process.
Quote by spinalshred
i tried that, it dosen't let you end the process.

What message does it give you?
Quote by saphrax
No problem. If you know the name of the file, we should be able to do this.

When booting up your PC, keep hitting F8 key. It will bring up the boot menu. Chose to start in "Safe Mode". You should then be able to delete it.

If not, click START > RUN and type "msconfig". Click on the "Startup" Tab and untick next to the file's name. Reboot your PC.

A message will appear informing you that you used msconfig when Windows opens. Click the tick box and press OK. This will stop that message appearing again. You should now be able to delete the file.

Let me know if you need any other help.

dude, i tried that safe mode **** and it worked great. thanks, man. i appreciate it.