Hello, I'm planning to sell my Marshall MG15CD and get an Epiphone Firefly 30DSP 1x10" Guitar Combo Amplifier.

Any goods and bads about this epi. amp?

thank-you
well I actually own one and have no real beefs with it... the reverb is a little extreme set anywere above 11 o'clock... the cleans are very nice and jazzy, no problems there...

however the onboard distortion is very noisy, prone to feed back, and weak... i solved that problem with my big muff, but just be warned...
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
^ No, i don't think it is. An upgrade from your amp would really be to start looking into tube amps. What sort of genres do you play, what's your budget and do you gig at all? These will help look for alternative amps
Quote by jxljxl
If UG had a Facebook style Relationship thing, I'd e-marry you C-mak

Quote by jxljxl
I want C-mak in my bum.

^Think he might have a thing for me...
well it has a tube hidden in their somewhere, but no its not completely tube.

i think in the same price range id look at the crate v5, palomino v8, or a blackheart little giant
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar

So what would be an all-tube amp that's decent and no more than $300. which i doubt there isnt too many
Look into Black heart amps Im getting a handsome devil as soon as they hit the floor.
Well now i'm down to two choices. Blackheart combo amp, and the blackheart halfstack. I'm going to mostly use it in my room, and i'm afraid that the halfstack will be too loud.
Both are the same price ($250)
Their techincally the same thing. Dont worry about volume though, it has a switch that turns it from a 5 watt to a 3 watt, not really really quiet but i think you could get away with it. The half stack looks pretty cool, the combo is all in one.
Get the halfstack buddy
Ibanez RG570
USA Strat
Epi Les Paul

Peavey Classic 30
Epi Valve Jnr
Laney LV200
Boss ME50
Daddy O
DC Solid Metal
GNX 3000
the half stack will probably be easier to move... and having them seperate is always uselful for using the cab with diff head, or head with diff cabs... makes keeping it healthy easier as well (easier access to tubes, and speakers)
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13

Quote by SublimeGuitar