Hey, check out a new song, it's called Run Do It Now (tentatively) and i've pretty much recorded it in 2 days so it's a rough vision of the song. It has some toolishness to it with some opeth influenced climactic parts. please let me know what you think and ill c4c.

it's in my profile, 4th down I think. thanks!
Idlefolk
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul
Lotus Telecaster copy w/ Fender pickups
Epiphone Valve Junior
Ibanez Tubescreamer, EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Digitech Metal Master, DigiDelay
Crybaby Wah
how did you do the drums?
Fender CIJ Mustang
Fender Jagstang
Fender MIM Custom Telecaster
Fender MIM Strat
Peavey Classic 50 2x12
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Fender PT-100 Tuner
Boss SD-1
EH Small Clone
Vox Wah
Digitech Digidelay
No offense, but you sound girly (unless you have a girl singer).

Anyway, the ambient guitars are really cool and the vocal reverb is so wet and cool. Plus there's a line about kicking someone in the face.

The harmonies at the end are so cool.

One thing is that the drums could be brought up, as I wasn't really feeling the music too much because of a lack of pounding. Obviously it's a demo, so recorded it would have big bad drums and more attitude.

Yeah, the ideas are cool, just needs to be executed better in the finished product (except the vocals, they're perfectly imperfect. It gives it an emotional edge).

EDIT:
Feel like taking a listen to my band's stuff?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12664431#post12664431
Last edited by fleaflicker182 at Feb 4, 2008,
Hey frank694- I programmed the drum parts in garageband using the software instruments function. my general recording process right now is, after writing the song itself, music and lyrics and vocal arrangements, i set up a drum track and determine exactly what tempo the song should be, then record the first guitar part to the metronome. then I put together a backing drum part, and re-record guitars to that and then whenever i have the ability to record live drums, i just drop out the software drums and i can record to an instrumental track that's in perfect time and that seems to work pretty well so far for me. I think fleaflicker is right, they should be louder and more intense! and besides even if i wanted to record those double-bass parts live myself, i'd never be able to - my skills are pretty rudimentary
Really what fleaflicker said.
I really liked it. I didn't dig the vocals, just because i'm not a fan of that kind of stuff. I dig real deep singing in music. This probably is why I don't like punk-pop, among other reasons, but alot of them have sissy voices.
9/10 overall.

Crit me here please! https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778530
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
it IS sung by a woman...all my songs are. thanks for the comment, I will check yours out in a few
Idlefolk
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul
Lotus Telecaster copy w/ Fender pickups
Epiphone Valve Junior
Ibanez Tubescreamer, EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Digitech Metal Master, DigiDelay
Crybaby Wah