How do I do them. I KNOW this has been done, but my search bar is taking years. To let you know what pitch I want, in Unholy Confessions by A7X, its the really high pitch, its the 4th fret on the 5A string.
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
How do you pinch around exactly? I guess that was my question
You have to kind of scrape the string with your thumb after you hit it.

Really its just something you find out on your own.
The way I do it is put your thumb near the end of the pick so barely any is sticking out, then turn the pick when you strike the string so that your thumb and the pick are both facing downwards, and kinda make like a digging motion, so the pick and the side of your thumb hit at the same time. Practice this everywhere because the different spots you pick at will make different noises.
if you're looking for a spot on the string try right after the first pickup (this works for me on my SG)
"I wanna see movies of my dreams"
when you hit the string make sure theres only a tiny fraction of the pick sticking out. Push down on the pick really hard so your skin doesnt completely mute the string. Pick the string then slightlytap it withe your thumb. i like the middle of the pick to be in line with the bottom of the thumbnail.
its different for everyone but this is the way i do it.
practice..
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
I prefer using my middle finger for pinch harmonics. It's all about practice OP.
I use:

Epiphone Les Paul Custom, in white

Epiphone Dove

Vox AD30
There are loads of Youtube videos explaining how to do this.

Just search in youtube and practice a bit.
OMG LOOK! I'TS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by Hobolad
I think instruments are as hard to play as you make them, y'know?

EDIT: Damn, I fail for posting serious.

^what they all said, plus I find out easiest to get a high pitched squeel when your hittin the G string
Current Gear

ESP Ltd EC 1000
Schecter C1 FR

Jackson Dinky
Crap Acoustic
Crate Excalibur GX2200H
4x12cab
^Yes, they all recommend the G string for beginning pinch harmonics. It's easier to get them there

Quote by Hobolad

slightly touch the string with your finger
just practice
and the unholy confession harmonic sounds a lot better on 6 fret 4th string
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Quote by bobbyj84
How do I do them. I KNOW this has been done, but my search bar is taking years. To let you know what pitch I want, in Unholy Confessions by A7X, its the really high pitch, its the 4th fret on the 5A string.

Go on youtube and watch some vids.
Hello
It is really just something you gotta mess with. Most guitars have a different sweet spot...
Also...don't overuse them...too much of it...
Schecter C1 Classic
Martin DCX1E
BC Rich NJ Beast

B52 AT100
Line6 SpiderII 210
Quote by enorganik
It is really just something you gotta mess with. Most guitars have a different sweet spot...
Also...don't overuse them...too much of it...

(Looks at picture of Zak Wylde on the wall)
Obligatory Gear List
Ibanez S2170SE Prestige
Epi LP Std w/ SDs
Morley Bad Horsie
Mesa Stiletto ACE 2x12
EHX Small Clone
Line 6 DL4
ISP Decimator
Guild Acoustic
My Band
My Youtube Channel
^LOL yeah, too much pinch harmonics will sound sh*t

Quote by Hobolad

pinch it after you pick, make sure you have lots of gain/treble to get them super high
Quote by Reckoner
when you hit the string make sure theres only a tiny fraction of the pick sticking out. Push down on the pick really hard so your skin doesnt completely mute the string. Pick the string then slightlytap it withe your thumb. i like the middle of the pick to be in line with the bottom of the thumbnail.
its different for everyone but this is the way i do it.

That sounds extremely difficult....

I hold my pick with my thumb and index finger so to do a pinch harmonic I tilt the pick and make kind of a digging motion...I always get the best pinches when I do them over the pickup I'm using...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Im trying to do what you guys are tellin me on the fret it says for the song im learning. But idk how to do it, I cant get, Idk what im doing wrong
Quote by bobbyj84
Im trying to do what you guys are tellin me on the fret it says for the song im learning. But idk how to do it, I cant get, Idk what im doing wrong

Just practice dude, you wont ever get a technique down in one or two days...

Quote by Hobolad

Takes ages to get it right, once you've got it, you can pull them whenever and wherever you want. With different guitars, you'll find it easier at different places, depending on set-up. Just fiddle around, and try a few tutorials.

Basically, you scrape the side of the string with your thumb as you hit a note. Vibrato/Bend can help emphasise this.