I have an Edge III trem on my Ibanez. And correct me if I'm wrong, but isnt an Edge III supposed to be a floating bridge, being able to raise and lower the pitch? Like a OFR, but worse, so basically an LFR?Am I right. Hopefully I am or this thread is pointless. Mine is only working as a vintage trem like on a strat. What would be wrong? Any tips on what to fix to make it back to normal?
Avenged Sevenfold. November 10, 2007
BB King. December 1, 2007
Metallica. November 9, 2008
Avenged Sevenfold. November 23, 2008
Release some spring tension to make the bridge stay paralel to the body.

I think that's how it should be..
OMG LOOK! I'TS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by Hobolad
I think instruments are as hard to play as you make them, y'know?

EDIT: Damn, I fail for posting serious.

Quote by PF_strat
Release some spring tension to make the bridge stay paralel to the body.

I think that's how it should be..

How should I release the spring tension? Cause I want to be able to pull up on my damn bar again.
Quote by bobbyj84
How should I release the spring tension? Cause I want to be able to pull up on my damn bar again.

Behind the guitar you have a kind of protector with some screws. Remove that protector and you have your springs there. Now it's time to release some tension and make the bridge float again.

And then tune your guitar. But I strongly recommend that you look at a tutorial to setup a Floyd Rose.
OMG LOOK! I'TS MY SIGNATURE

Quote by Hobolad
I think instruments are as hard to play as you make them, y'know?

EDIT: Damn, I fail for posting serious.

What should I useto release the spring tension, allen wrench? or what?
screwdriver , most likely a phillips head, as that's what mine are, phillips is the X one
Quote by bobbyj84
What should I useto release the spring tension, allen wrench? or what?

Allen wrench is for the string clamps on the nut. Use a Philips for the springs in the back.
Be cool.
i'm assuming this is on an ibanez rg, in which case it could just be badly routed, i had an rg and the bar couldn't go back because the body wasn't routed enough and the sides of the trem inside the guitar were to wide for the routing so it could only go down easily, but pulling up was a challenge. this might be the casae, so open her up to look first.