I posted a thread about this the other day, but no one replied and I can't find anything on the net about it. Basically after swapping out stock epi pick ups these duncans sound good overall apart from the low E string which is bassy as hell. This is mainly on a clean channel, and makes clean playing impossible. Someone put me out my misery. Are these pick ups crap or am I doing something wrong?
Epi Les Paul Standard plus
w/ Seymour Duncan Sh-2n in neck and SH-4 in bridge
Vox Valvetronix
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
All the other strings are fine, power chords with 5th string root sound good but as soon as you play like a G5 it sounds so bassy an muddy. Playin with settings seemed to reduce it, but not by much. Are the pups too good for my amp? if that makes sense. Like will I get more from them with a decent tube amp.
Epi Les Paul Standard plus
w/ Seymour Duncan Sh-2n in neck and SH-4 in bridge
Vox Valvetronix
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
try sinking the pickups a little on the bass side

EDIT: i've replaced my pickups on my schecter with those, and they work fine on my vox, so it's not the amp, is your amp sitting on the floor in front of something? mine was (AD50VT), and was sooooo super bassy, i bought an amp stand it it fixed it right up, try setting it on something, see if that fixes it