http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=i6whDBxT8EQ&feature=user

Two months back we recorded this. It's all live, except for bass and a small guitar solo added afterwards.

We had only rehearsed three times before making this, so it's obviously not perfect, but I appreciate any kind of constructive criticism!

It's me on guitar, male vocals and bass. It's also my first time singing on a recording of any kind, so be gentle
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
pretty good there, except you were missing the intro riff and the guitar solo, which i think are pretty important parts of the song. the vocals were good, though. everything was very tight and very clean, good job!!

C4C?

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/psychokiller99/

the song is Rain on Me
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by psychokiller99
pretty good there, except you were missing the intro riff and the guitar solo, which i think are pretty important parts of the song. the vocals were good, though. everything was very tight and very clean, good job!!

Thanks! We didn't do the intro riff because I hadn't learned it yet, so I ended up doing a shorter one instead. But yeah, guitar solo probably should've been there, but we're doing a different rhythm underneath and I didn't really know what to do over it.

EDIT: I'll check out the song right away.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
well i liked the little rhythmic variation you did there, i guess i'm just so used to hearing the guitar solo come up right after it lol. but it was good, not saying it wasn't. you def took on a different take than the original, i think it was even a little more up tempo and more up beat than the original.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by psychokiller99
well i liked the little rhythmic variation you did there, i guess i'm just so used to hearing the guitar solo come up right after it lol. but it was good, not saying it wasn't. you def took on a different take than the original, i think it was even a little more up tempo and more up beat than the original.

Really glad you liked it. I listened to Rain On Me, is it a cover or original song? Moody vocals that really fit the song, and above all really good and melodic guitarplaying. I loved the Slash-esque solo about 3.50 in. The mix was a bit messy though at some parts. Other than that, top-notch.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
that's an original song, i know the first two seconds sound like simple man, but i think that's gonna change soon haha. but yeah the mix is a bit messy, i did all the guitars and then the drums last, so it sounds a bit out of time sometimes and my 20 dollar mic doesn't help i think haha. but yeah, thanks for the crit, glad you liked it!!
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Dude. gotta tell u. its really good. I like the guy and girl voices at th same time. Sounds good. keep this up man.
Quote by Thats the Way
Dude. gotta tell u. its really good. I like the guy and girl voices at th same time. Sounds good. keep this up man.

Thanks very much! And no, we don't have a myspace yet but we'll get one after we record again.

Quote by Tubyboulin
It was pretty good. didnt really sound Like VR. it was...different, and i think its great you guys didnt EXACTLY copy them. added your own style, y'know? The parts where there was the Girl and Guy singer kinda conflicted sometimes, not really hormonized.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778343

Yeah, we tried to put our own spin to it. And yes, we weren't singing perfectly together but we're hopefully better now seeing how we had only rehearsed three times before recording. Thanks for listening.

I'll crit yours in a moment.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
I liked it as much as the original. TBH it was the female harmony, great stuff. You did great too of course.
HEY
Do you like anime/manga?
PM me about buying the graphic novels I'm trying to sell
I liked it very much. You sang the second verse very well, and the interplay between the male and female vocals was great!

You should put a guitar solo over that swingy rhythm section before the final chorus though. Any plans of doing so?