So our club at school, the Coalition, is involved deeply with the Invisible Children foundation, more specifically Schools for Schools.

We're looking to put together a CD that we could sell and give the proceeds directly to Schools for Schools to help build a library/schoolhouse and buy textbooks for kids in northern Uganda.

So basically, we'd love it if we could have non-exclusive rights (we can sell it but you keep the copyrights) to some of your music. Be it one song or two or three (not two many, but feel free to submit a couple and we'll choose the best), we'll take what you give.

We'd prefer it sound professional, no far-off mic'ed guitar amps and such. However, you don't need to be signed or anything.

Don't care what genre, as long as it sounds good.

It'd be even sweeter if you could create a song specifically for the CD.

We'll have an actual CD that we'll sell at local stores/gigs, as well as put it up on iTunes/eMusic/whatever else we can.

Thanks for your help!

Michael

EDIT: I'll be setting up a purevolume/myspace specifically for this soon. Release date is gonna be April/May, most likely. Ideas/suggestions/submissions, PM me here, message me on purevolume (in my sig,) or email me at reverse.engineering.music@gmail.com. Don't have a name for the CD yet.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Last edited by tubab0y at Feb 3, 2008,
I think I'll give it shot. Just two questions- how can we get the songs to you, and is there a specific date you want it? I need to make something first XD

Oh, and does genre matter?
Don't care on genre, and if you could upload it on megaupload.com and shoot me the link or something that would be great. Mp3 preferrably, higher quality is better.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
would it be fine to send in songs as an attachment to your email???
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Sure, that would be great.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
Ok cool, I'll do that then, my band has a few songs that we'd like to get out there. As KingCheesehead said, is there any specific date you want to get it all together? I'll probably send the first one over tomorrow probably coz I don't have it on this computer.
Quote by sickman411
S-Gsus wept
Uhh, halfway through march, probably.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
bump.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!
bump.
Quote by corduroyEW

I am Michael!