I don't think someone would sell a Jem with a little Fender Frontman. I know a lot of those Chinese ripoff sites have fake Jems.
EDIT: I also find it a little odd that he did not include a close up. Look at the headstock. Its blank...
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
SCAM...
I just hope that you haven't even THOUGHT of buying that...
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Ok Guys thanks for the confirmation, well I was tempted at first but my skeptical mind got the better of me! Yeah I noticed the headstock was blank too, I just asked him for the serial number, so that should get interesting haha! All genuine JEMs start with F, the fake ones are made in korea & china supposedly and they all start with C.
Last edited by IndieRockstar at Feb 3, 2008,
looks fake to me. a good fake, but the sss totally throws it off. and that's not the correct fr trem.
it's a clear fake...infact there's alot better fakes out there!!
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
Dude, it is S-S-S. And the original has gold hardware, the Inlays are totally different, it doesnt have a strap button near the neck, Look at the difference (ill post pics)

Hello
Total fake, no logo, three single coils, non-gold hardware. Obviously not real.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
I've just reported the listing, so I hope it gets taken down before someone is duped into buying it. I knew it was too good to be true damnit, I wanted one bad.

Thanks MXBoy11 for the photos.
Quote by MXBoy11
Dude, it is S-S-S. And the original has gold hardware, the Inlays are totally different, it doesnt have a strap button near the neck, Look at the difference (ill post pics)

I really hope you know that the second one is not a JEM7V, its a fake.
Quote by MXBoy11

Actually, that looks a bit odd, too:

The one you posted seems to say "Jem Jr" on the headstock, yet it has a full inlay. Also, the trem isn't an Ibanez one.

Either I'm missing something here, or you posted a fake as well...
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Feb 3, 2008,
Quote by Eric 666
I really hope you know that the second one is not a JEM7V, its a fake.

It's still a whole lot more "real" then the other one.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
It's still a whole lot more "real" then the other one.

you should have showed him the real "Real" one though, because then the TS would know and if he encountered that fake in the future he wouldn't be tempted to buy it.
I guess it's safe to say that buying a second hand JEM is high risk! Unless of course you can actually examine it up close.
Well, if the second JEM posted is also a fake, it's quite impressive. I mean at first I thought I read Ibanez on the side of the tremolo, but apparently I'm mistaken... there are some definite differences between it and the third one posted, though.
Quote by IndieRockstar
I guess it's safe to say that buying a second hand JEM is high risk! Unless of course you can actually examine it up close.

not exactly a high risk.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-Jem-7V-SBL-blue_W0QQitemZ270207687942QQihZ017QQcategoryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-Jem-7VWH_W0QQitemZ270207704188QQihZ017QQcategoryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/2001-Ibanez-JEM-7VWH-ebony-fretboard-RARE_W0QQitemZ140203025962QQihZ004QQcategoryZ33043QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Those are all real, as long as you can see the signs that they're real (scallopped fretboard from 21-24th fret, high but accurate price, Edge/Edge Pro trem, the pickguard's the right color, inlays the way they're supposed to be etc.) then you should be fine.
Yeah, seriously, all the JEM fakes I've seen could be spotted from a mile away. If you can't spot it and say "This is a real JEM" or "This is definitely a fake JEM" by looking at one low-res frontside picture, then you probably shouldn't be buying a JEM in the first place.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!