So tonight (im from Ireland) im watching my first ever Superbowl just because there is such a big hype about, so i thought id give it a go...

the only problem is, I dont know any of the American football rules...could anyone explain? lol
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
erm... all i know is a touchdown is 6 points then they get a free kick at a goal to get an extra point
every possession the team gets 4 chances to move 10 yards, if they do they get another 4 chances to do it again, if you fail the other team gets the ball at that spot. Most teams punt it(kick it) on the 4th chance farther down field so the opponent has farther to go.
Overblown money making scam. I'm from the U.S and I'm not going to watch it. I got better things to do.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
why not save a salary and get a team that can defend and attack and kick? seems a bit daft to have seperate teams?
Haha x-factor and american idol are overblown money making scams, so were the spice girls, however i'm in the mood for some very late night sports viewing and so I shall watch it
This game is gonna be a bad example of how to judge the rules. Basically the patriots wont have anything called against them, but the Giants will have penalties pretty much made up and called against them.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by glamhairmetal
its a pussy sport
watch tom petty play the halftime show
I've said it several times, but that's the only part I care about. Tom Petty FTMFW. *points to sig*

EDIT: And the ads. They can get pretty hilarious.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Feb 3, 2008,