okay so im in a band its a 3 peice. we have a gig february 22nd and we have no music because the singer/guitarist has no guitar amp and can not make it to practice.

i been thinking what to do and i don't know what to do.

heres my options i been thinking what to do but i don't know if i should:

1. tell the place that we are going to have to cancel the gig because of band problems.

2. play the gig with just me and the drummer and just write 5 songs for a 30 min set. (me on guitar and vocals and keyboard.)

3. play the gig acoustic with music i wrote.

4. say f it and just find a real band.

ps: the drummer is serious. i just do not know about the singer.
Ok so you agreed to do a gig, without even having any music? Sounds "a little' strange to me. I would choose numbah 1 man, first get ready, then book gigs.
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
Quote by Worhan
Ok so you agreed to do a gig, without even having any music? Sounds "a little' strange to me. I would choose numbah 1 man, first get ready, then book gigs.

ya its strange i know. singer wanted to do it because the place invited us to play and i was like ok if we can just pull it off then sure. but then like practice time comes around and he does not call or anything so im just kinda like f this.
So you have a band, but you don't write or play together...
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Number 1.

You should never book a gig unless you are ready and know that all your members can make it.
When someone offers you a gig that you're not sure about, say 'Ok, I'll pencil that into our diary, but I'll have to get back to you in a couple of days to confirm the booking.'
This gives you a chance to check with the rest of the band about everyone's availability and whether you have enough material ready to pull it off.
Then if you can't do the gig, let the event organisers know as soon as possible. This then gives them the best chance of finding another band to replace you in time for the gig. And because you never confirmed the booking in the first place, they won't think any worse of you for canceling.
It's important that you cancel as quickly as you can because from a promoter's point of view, it can be a nightmare finding a replacement band at the last minute, and promoters and gig organisers talk to each other, they tell each other what bands they've had, who was good, who was bad, and who let them down and not to bother with.
You DO NOT want to be in their list of 'bands that let them down.'
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Number 1.

You should never book a gig unless you are ready and know that all your members can make it.
When someone offers you a gig that you're not sure about, say 'Ok, I'll pencil that into our diary, but I'll have to get back to you in a couple of days to confirm the booking.'
This gives you a chance to check with the rest of the band about everyone's availability and whether you have enough material ready to pull it off.
Then if you can't do the gig, let the event organisers know as soon as possible. This then gives them the best chance of finding another band to replace you in time for the gig. And because you never confirmed the booking in the first place, they won't think any worse of you for canceling.
It's important that you cancel as quickly as you can because from a promoter's point of view, it can be a nightmare finding a replacement band at the last minute, and promoters and gig organisers talk to each other, they tell each other what bands they've had, who was good, who was bad, and who let them down and not to bother with.
You DO NOT want to be in their list of 'bands that let them down.'

Number 2

Never say pencil it in our "diary"
Yeah, don't even think about gigs before you write material. And if the guitarist/singer doesnt even have an amp for practice, how are you gonna get started?
Quote by SSDDPunkRocker
Yeah, don't even think about gigs before you write material. And if the guitarist/singer doesnt even have an amp for practice, how are you gonna get started?

exactly on both points.
Cream fan club member #11.
Quote by P.B.
exactly on both points.

Just for that post, I feel smart. Thank you! (And if this forum had a 'kudo' system, you'd get a cookie.)
Go Solo!!!

Bitcheswill Suckyou Off Instantly

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.