I'm trying to learn End of the Line by Arch Enemy.....I've had trouble with alternate picking since I first started and was much more comfortable with down-picking. (My friend is the total opposite) and it seems like this intro requires alternate picking to get up to speed since I can almost down-pick the whole song up to speed but not quite.....I can alternate pick a few songs but this intro is giving me trouble even when I slow it down...

Both Guitars-
Intro/Main Riff                     
|-------------------------------|   
|8-------7-------5--------------|   
|--0-0-0---0-0-0---0-0-0-0-0-0-0|   
   . . .   . . .   . . . . . . .

I'm having trouble going from the open note to the palm mutes...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
First up, I want to congratulate you on your literacy. Well done mate. Secondly... Don't bother alternate picking it if you can't. Just use all downstrokes. Either way, it'll come to you eventually. Pretty much, you don't really need to play it to speed.
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
Thank you, I try to keep everything as neat as possible besides my overuse of periods which is just habit.....

I need to get more comfortable with alternate picking since my playing could really use it. (I guess you could call it Thrash) It's been alt. picking a few scales lately and working on using my left and right together more but I still have a ways to go....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls