Ive been playing electric guitar for about 8 months now. I love metalcore,hardcore, and metal music. Im trying to learn songs from bands like August Burns Red and As I Lay Dying and even Trivium but some of their songs, if not all, have parts in them where i have to do very fast palm muting and or palm muting while skipping a couple strings down and playing a couple notes, and then back to the fast palm muting and im struggling. The closest thing i have to some palm muting skill is playing the song "The Darkest Nighs" by AILD. I was wondering if you guys had any tips or the specific technique i need to learn to master palm muting.

This is an example of a song im trying to learn but im struggling on the fast palm muting http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/t/trivium/like_light_to_the_flies_tab.htm
Try holding the pick so that only a tiny bit sticks out.
Be sure to practice alternate picking while palm muting.
Practice alt. picking with a metronome.......Try learning No Remorse by Metallica and it might help....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls