Not

I have to do this stupid lab where I have to make a karyotype chart and then recognize the disease it has (if any). I found that there is an extra 15th chromosome, but when I looked it up, on wiki it says that's normal, yet on others google links to sites that contain diseases, but I can;t find them on the linked sites.

Does the pit contain people that are proficient in biology that can help me with this?
i'm pretty sure it's usually normal. I mean it may depend on the organism, but in my personal biology experience it just contains more genetic information. Of course this doesnt make this organism any more superior.
Check out my music:
Sideshow

"Swing your hips, not your fists"- Cedric Bixler Zavala
well, if you have 3 copies of chr 21 (trisomy 21) you get downs syndrome, it's the only multi chromosome disease i'm aware of, but extra chr'somes have implications.

this was on wiki:

Isodicentric chromosome 15

Main article: Isodicentric 15

A specific chromosomal change called an isodicentric chromosome 15 (previously called an inverted duplication 15) can affect growth and development. The patient possesses an "extra" or "marker" chromosome. This small extra chromosome is made up of genetic material from chromosome 15 that has been abnormally duplicated (copied) and attached end-to-end. In some cases, the extra chromosome is very small and has no effect on a person's health. A larger isodicentric chromosome 15 can result in weak muscle tone (hypotonia), mental retardation, seizures, and behavioral problems. Signs and symptoms of autism (a developmental disorder that affects communication and social interaction) have also been associated with the presence of an isodicentric chromosome 15.
Quote by freedoms_stain
well, if you have 3 copies of chr 21 (trisomy 21) you get downs syndrome, it's the only multi chromosome disease i'm aware of, but extra chr'somes have implications.

this was on wiki:

Isodicentric chromosome 15

Main article: Isodicentric 15

A specific chromosomal change called an isodicentric chromosome 15 (previously called an inverted duplication 15) can affect growth and development. The patient possesses an "extra" or "marker" chromosome. This small extra chromosome is made up of genetic material from chromosome 15 that has been abnormally duplicated (copied) and attached end-to-end. In some cases, the extra chromosome is very small and has no effect on a person's health. A larger isodicentric chromosome 15 can result in weak muscle tone (hypotonia), mental retardation, seizures, and behavioral problems. Signs and symptoms of autism (a developmental disorder that affects communication and social interaction) have also been associated with the presence of an isodicentric chromosome 15.

The thing is, I don't have the sufficient information that shows if the chromosome is attached or not. It's basically just two seperate chromosomes. Here's the worksheet we had to cut out.

http://www.biologycorner.com/worksheets/karyotype/karyotype-female.gif

EDIT: Son of a bitch, that's EXACTLY the same one. Mother ****ing teacher is pulling **** off google images to give to us as a lab.