Its a white 1996 squier strat,it sounds better than the fenders they had and it is very heavy.It also has a 22 fret neck and pyramid shaped tuners,but what was weird was no squier trem arms fit in the hole in the bridge,only a fender one.
What the hell is this thing?
Sounds like a 50th anniversary Squier.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
maybe it just has a fender tremolo and different tunners
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Maybe its a a Fender body on a Squier neck or maybe they swapped out the hardware for Fender hardware.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Sounds like a 50th anniversary Squier.

It probably is,it has a 50th anniversary sticker on the back of the headstock.
For $125 this thing was a steal,it sounds better than a MIN strat,has 22 frets and it was much cheaper.
Quote by RandyRhoads2
For $125 this thing was a steal,it sounds better than a MIN strat,has 22 frets and it was much cheaper.

Yeah. An old Clapton-Worshiping Englishman from my church has a 1985 Squier Strat that sounds just as good as my fender.
Quote by soul_power
Maybe its a a Fender body on a Squier neck or maybe they swapped out the hardware for Fender hardware.

Both of those are posibilities.

The neck plate as a spacer underneath it and there is a paint chip UNDER the neck,also I was doing divebombs and it wasnt coming out of tune.
I have a mid 90s squier and I would say it beats new Mexi Strats easy...put a Kill Switch on it too :p
Schecter C1 Classic
Martin DCX1E
BC Rich NJ Beast

B52 AT100
Line6 SpiderII 210
in the early-mid 90's squires were actually made in japan and they were actually a fairly good quality guitar
nice snag man!
just wondering, how are the quality of the ones made today? mainly the standard, or deluxe series?
Blues Power
pics?
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by JustinYap
just wondering, how are the quality of the ones made today? mainly the standard, or deluxe series?

My Squier strat blows anus. I never use it, it can't stay in tune at all, and the pickups suck pretty bad. It's a 2002 one I think.
Last edited by AngelOfHatred at Feb 4, 2008,
I've got a 50th anniverary strat and it's absolutely spiffing...

stays in tune, plays well...was only about £100 too...
Quote by RandyRhoads2

Made in... Nigeria
Quote by The Masterplan
Made in... Nigeria

nah...Made In Nepal

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Nepal? thats odd.....never heard of a Nepalese guitar. As far as the quality of Squiers, i hear the vintage Modified Squiers are pretty good. They are made of something like Red Cedar, instead of Alder or Agathis like some of the other ones are. They also have Duncan Design pickups, much better than normal Squier pickups. Otherwise, they have a pretty bad reputation.
Quote by qotsa1998
Nepal? thats odd.....never heard of a Nepalese guitar.

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Quote by peever
in the early-mid 90's squires were actually made in japan and they were actually a fairly good quality guitar
nice snag man!

Some. Squiers were made all over the bloody place. They've made them in China, Korea, Taiwan, the U.S., Mexico...some are good, some are tosh. I have a '91 Squier II that plays lovely, but is made from nasty-ass chipboard. *Shrug.