I need a new amp. I dont want to spend a huge amount of money, but i want it to last for the rest of my life i suppose. I want something loud enough to play over drums and maybe even gig with. I guess I want a tube amp, cause i hear they last longer and are pretty much superior. I play almost all types of Rock, Blues, and alot of Lynyrd Skynyrd. I will probably be playing through it with an Epi LP.
Hello
Quote by MXBoy11
I need a new amp. I dont want to spend a huge amount of money, but i want it to last for the rest of my life i suppose. I want something loud enough to play over drums and maybe even gig with. I guess I want a tube amp, cause i hear they last longer and are pretty much superior. I play almost all types of Rock, Blues, and alot of Lynyrd Skynyrd. I will probably be playing through it with an Epi LP.

price range?

Under 1000, you probably want a Fender. Maybe a Hot Rod Deluxe/Blues Reissue?

If you can stretch that price a tiny bit, I would suggest a Fender Super Reverb/Twin Reverb combo. Awesome blues amps.
Im not being biased or anything but the valveking sounds great for that,rather cheap for a tube amp as well,but obviously there may be better,il let someone else confirm whats right
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2T Dinky
ESP LTD KH-202
Yamaha APX-5-12A
Antares 12 String Acoustic
Earthfire Jazz Bass
Peavey Valveking 212
Marshall MG30DFX
Peavey KB/A 15
BOSS MT-2
BOSS MD-2
Rocktek MWR-01
Last edited by Crazy Toad at Feb 3, 2008,
I might be crazy, but under 600? I have heard the pignose? is good, and the PEavey Classic 30 is too?
Hello
i've heard some delicious blues rock tones come out of a Fender Blues Deluxe with an Epiphone Les Paul. i also like the ValveKing, but played on high gain. i'm not sure i can tell you how it would fit your style.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by MXBoy11
I might be crazy, but under 600? I have heard the pignose? is good, and the PEavey Classic 30 is too?

Under 600, go for a Peavey Valveking.

fo sho.
Quote by JMTrio134
Under 600, go for a Peavey Valveking.

fo sho.

Really, i just read some bad reviews on it. Why is it that there are always bad reviews on everything.
Hello
Quote by Iceman 420
Used B-52 half-stack. I think it's called the AT-100 or something along those lines.

What? Can you please type the Brand and Model.
Hello
It's the B-52 AT-100/AT-412 100W Tube Guitar Half Stack.

The head alone is $600, but maybe look for a used head and an Avatar cab might be a good rig. And you can always upgrade the cab later on.

Edit: There's also a combo version for $700.
fender blues deluxe.

or try to find a used fender deville.

they're pretty much like jesus put into an amplifier.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Gretsch Electromatic Pro Jet
Fender Deville 410
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
whats the general opinion on lower end orange amps...not the valve ones...i'm thinking about going to check a couple out someday, not sure what experiences people have had with them though?
Quote by lazlow325i
fender blues deluxe.

or try to find a used fender deville.

they're pretty much like jesus put into an amplifier.

Where do you guys suggest buying used amps from...ebay?
Hello
Quote by MXBoy11
Really, i just read some bad reviews on it. Why is it that there are always bad reviews on everything.

I played it and it was fine.

Play it yourself.
Quote by MXBoy11
Where do you guys suggest buying used amps from...ebay?

ebay is a great place for used equipment.
as long as you make sure the person has a good rating and stuff.

i would highly recommend it though. you can find great gear for quite a bargain on ebay.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
craigslist ftw.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Fender Deville 410
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
What does ftw mean?

I think that i will not get anywhere unless i get out and play some amps. My only source of hearing amps and guitars is the effin internet.
Hello
Quote by MXBoy11
What does ftw mean?

I think that i will not get anywhere unless i get out and play some amps. My only source of hearing amps and guitars is the effin internet.

ftw= for the win.

meaning it's good.

go out to your local shop and try some stuff out! our opinions aren't going to be the same as yours.
My name is Charlie.

Gear
Fender Deville 410
Digitech Whammy IV
MXR Micro Amp
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Are tube amps really necessary though. I hear that Peavey Calssic 30's break alot and run really hot(temperature)
Hello
Last edited by MXBoy11 at Feb 4, 2008,
Fender tube amp FTW.

Dont get the Valveking, it's **** for the money compared to others.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
FTW means for the win, basically it's a way of saying something is good or awesome.

For your style of music I would probably say the Peavey Classic 30. I tried one out and it sounded great.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Yeah, all arrows seem to be pointing to that. Does anybody know their quality, cause like I said before, i hear that they run hot, and break easily.

The last thing i need is to buy some thing and have it break. This has happened to me alot recently. It really brings me down,
Hello
i always thought that ftw meant f*ck the world, but i guess it doesen't
Up the Punx!
Don't get it, it's crap.

There's a sticky about everything on the gear forum, read that and learn about tube amps.

Tube amps aren't any more fragile than SS amps, unless you expose your amp to moisture or throw your amp about or something, which you shouldn't be doing anyway!
Ibanez SR505
Ashdown ABM 300 EVO II
Epifani UL410
get a laney
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by MXBoy11

People have diffrent opinion and thats what it is don't thinks somethings bad because someone said it was but if theres more than 3 or 4 of them then it probably isnt the greatest thing ever