Ramblin'_Man
UG's Reggae fanatic
1,959 IQ
I haven't seen any threads on them and they're a great band. A fusion of country, rock, and jazz with a unique setup using a flute and sax. Toy Caldwell is also one of my favorite guitarists, so I thought I'd start a discussion on this great dixie band.
claptonfan55
Bluesius Maximus
408 IQ
Very good band. Toy was definitely a guitar great. "Can't You See" is definitely my favorite MTB song.
"Notes are expensive. . .use them wisely"-B.B. King

"It's been very important throughout my career that I've met all the guys I've copied, because at each stage they've said, 'Don't play like me, play like you."-Eric Clapton
rockinlespaul
Southern Rock Addict
659 IQ
They were a great band, and Caldwell's thumb picking really gave them a special sound. Heard It In A Love Song, Can't You See, Fire on a Mountain, and Ramblin' are all tunes that I love to play.

I did see them a year ago, and I must say that they just aren't the same. Not that I'm expecting them to be quite the same, but there's been significant dropoff.
Sloopy
is classic rock.
2,623 IQ
^ Do they still have all or most of the original members? Somebody told me that just the bassist and the drummer were the only originals touring at this point.
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Ramblin'_Man
UG's Reggae fanatic
1,959 IQ
well the bassist, tommy caldwell has passed on so he is not with the band and the only original member is doug gray, the lead singer, i believe, but i may be wrong.
aig91
Annie
8,832 IQ
Quote by Ramblin'_Man
well the bassist, tommy caldwell has passed on so he is not with the band and the only original member is doug gray, the lead singer, i believe, but i may be wrong.

Yes, you're right. George McCorkle (another original member) passed last summer.
ZZTOP ABB JWD3
GotSlide22
22 IQ
there arent enough tabs for them i would love a tab for long hard ride, one of my favorite songs, they are awesome, very talented group
aig91
Annie
8,832 IQ
Quote by ZZTOP ABB JWD3
there arent enough tabs for them i would love a tab for long hard ride, one of my favorite songs, they are awesome, very talented group

Yes I agree that there aren't enough tabs for MTB. I've been working on submitting some but it's still not enough. I suppose I could try to tab Long Hard Ride...
C_Miller
327 IQ
They're a very awesome summer band. They are one of the groups that I always make sure to play on the first day the temperature gets over 50 and the windows open. Also a nice band for long drives down south. Favorite songs would be Take the Highway and of course the best Southern Rock song of all time, Can't You See.
MockingbirdGirl
Resident Dirty Hippie
31 IQ
I saw MTB a few years ago...I guess it was 2006.
The lead singer was awfully drunk. :P
But that sucked because all he was doing was rambling on & on about things instead of playing music.

But you know, when they actually DID play, it sounded great.
But the smile you send in my direction makes me feel like I'm alive