For some reason, I haven't been getting any replies for the threads I have made on upgrading my sheraton so I deleted all of them. I need a pickup for my neck position on my new Epiphone Sheraton II. I always play clean. I don't want a dirty tone on the neck, Ill use my bridge pup for that. I play lots of jazz and blues like John Mayer, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Miles Davis stuff. I also want a nice, warm, and mellow tone but not too dark. Price isn't really an issue, I can save.

Give me some suggestions
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

I'd say for Mini-buckers, have a look through the Duncan range - theres' gotta be something in there for what you're looking for.
The rig:
Gibson SG faded special -> Marshall MG 50/100 (working on a valve amp)
Backup: Vintage AV1
Newcastle United
GFS makes some mini-humbuckers, I think. might want to look at them.

EDIT: never mind, modern epis don't use mini humbuckers......maybe a P-90 of some sort? The GFS Mean 90 is humbucker-sized and sounds surprisingly close to a P-90, from all I hear.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Korzack
I'd say for Mini-buckers, have a look through the Duncan range - theres' gotta be something in there for what you're looking for.

Mini humbuckers aren't that great for clean. My SG has them, and the cleans on normal humbuckers are better than with the minis, personally.
Have you thought about P-90s? I'm sure they fit in mini-humbucker cavities so long as they aren;t dog ears. They're pretty much the ideal pickup for you.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by Eric 666
Pearly Gates anyone?

aren't they a more high gain pickup? Maybe I am wrong

I'll look into P90s too

EDIT: what about something like this:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-P94T-Humbucker-Sized-P90-Bridge-Pickup?sku=306913
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Last edited by WlCmToTheJungle at Feb 3, 2008,
I'm a professional jazz guitarist (as in, a majority of income comes from playing jazz gigs) and some of the best guitar tones I've heard have come out of the "Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro"s. Big, warm, mellow sounding, with a mild mild roll off on tone you get one of the clearest, nicest jazz tones I've ever heard. It's also a very even sound, as most jazz players search for.

For blues its warm, and yet weirdly clear. Think Slash, while I despise his playing, and he's not really a blues player, that's what you can achieve tone wise. That big warm, yet clear, neck lead tone. It's a sweet pickup so you wont get the same grunge you would when digging in on a true PAF or PAF clone, but for what it does, it does beautifully.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
Mini humbuckers aren't that great for clean. My SG has them, and the cleans on normal humbuckers are better than with the minis, personally.

I have a set of Mini humbuckers on my Gibson Explorer studio. Excellent cleans in the bridge, really really fat and warm yet a bright resonant top end.

I dunno if the guitar has mini humbuckers but you can't put mini's in full humbucker holes unless you feel like really making it work.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
You should take a look for Lace Sensor pickups.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by jimzer
EMG nah kiddin

maybe a stock gibson es p/u?

Actually, the EMG 89 is the best sounding clean pickup I've ever heard. I've played quite a few guitars through quite a few amps as well, so I'm not a noob to tone. I'm sure there are better ones out there but that thing blew me away.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
Actually, the EMG 89 is the best sounding clean pickup I've ever heard. I've played quite a few guitars through quite a few amps as well, so I'm not a noob to tone. I'm sure there are better ones out there but that thing blew me away.

yeah true... the cleans with the 60 on my truckster is just flattering. but itll be a bitch to wire it with a passive bridge p/u know
^^ yeah EMG 60 great pickup
New Playlist On My Profile

Quote by chll
i think she's a horny type girl

cuz 1 tym io remember she asked me to kiss her
If you like Single coils, check out some RMG's. The Specialty humbucker is 2 swingin' cools modded into a humbucker, and I was thinking about picking me up one. I already have a Swingin' Cool in my strat, so I can vouge for it's awesomeness.

http://www.rockmonkeyguitars.com/
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Last edited by CORT noob at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Humbucker from Hell?

+1

ticks all the boxes in this case
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
bareknuckle

not exactly sure which one would be perfect for you, but there will be one that is

just email them and they'll guide you through any options
PRS pickups like Modern Eagles are nice for clean, warm tones; either that or a SD.
Yo bro.
for a humbucker clean, i would choose my seymour duncan JBJ. it can be coil tapped for the single coil sound as well. that pickup is so clear and well defined, it has the best clean tone i have ever heard. compared to the emg hz's on my other guitar, it is definitely a couple levels higher.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
For some reason, I haven't been getting any replies for the threads I have made on upgrading my sheraton so I deleted all of them. I need a pickup for my neck position on my new Epiphone Sheraton II. I always play clean. I don't want a dirty tone on the neck, Ill use my bridge pup for that. I play lots of jazz and blues like John Mayer, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Miles Davis stuff. I also want a nice, warm, and mellow tone but not too dark. Price isn't really an issue, I can save.

Give me some suggestions

If price isn't an issue, I'd go completely custom handwound. Stephens Design, Wolfetone, Rock Monkey, Fralin, etc. Any of those will absolutely give you the best bang for your buck. Out of those four, for vintage cleans I'd go with Stephen Design. That guy's done years of research into authentic Gibson PAF and vintage pickups. If nothing else, it's worth it to shoot him an email and see what he says. I got a set of Strat pickups from him over a year ago and was VERY satisfied with them. Some good over-the-counter aftermarket ones for the sound you're looking for that aren't handmade are Benedetto, although now they're made under license by Seymour Duncan. I also like PRS McCarty or Archtop pickups, but they may be a bit darker than what you're looking for. I run a set of McCartys on my PRS Standard with the 3 way switch/push-pull pot wiring and it's very flexible, with good single coil tones.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Feb 4, 2008,
Seymour Duncan SD-1's.

Sex. In. A. Pickup.
what happened to the proposed Kirk Hammett flamenco album?

His acoustic didn't sound good with wah pedal, I suppose.
The only one I could really recommend is the Gibson '57 Classic like in Gibby ES335s (and in my LP ) but I'm sure there's less expensive ones out there that are just as good - the Seymour Duncan SH1-59 seems to be the most similar
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Humbucker from Hell?

+1
I'd either go for the humbucker from hell or a Dimarzio PAF.
I hate the humbucker from hell. My friend has one and it just isnt my taste I guess.
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by MXBoy11
I hear that Windex® makes some clean pickups!

No, they make some good pickup cleaners.

Dur.
Duncan Stag Mag is probably worth a look too
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com