I've looked at pinch harmonics.. I get nothing close to it... I'm talking about the kinda waaaahh like in Holy Diver, Laid To Rest. etc can anyone help me out? oh and someone else said a pedal..
you really really need to click this, and register: Music forum
That's a pinch harmonic. You're just doing it wrong.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Practice.
Practice.
Practice.
I use to be aweful, I still kind of am, but seriously, practice.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Please describe it better than waaaahh....A squeal?.....The intro slide of Laid to Rest?.....???
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Just gotta sit down for a while and kept trying over and over. You'll eventually get it.
I was in the same boat as you about 2 months ago, and someone suggested pinch harmonics. I was skeptical at first cause i thought that I needed EMGs to do it, but after practicing in super high gain, i can fire em off left and right. Just practice them alot, and move your "pinch" around on the string, it makes a huge difference.
Hello
pinch harmonics done correctly make a squeal sound....wah pedals make wah sounds. this isnt so hard to figure out dude.
i learned how to play pinch harmonics from a video on youtube.
search for it, there should be a few lessons that will help you.
Quote by nt1440
thats true, i hate kids who go "oh noess limewire is soo bad, viruses everywhere crashed my computer, had to buy a new one" well mayb thatll teach u that the a song isnt 112 kb and named cute_teen_has_orgasm_on_webcam_xxx
thx guys.. and the wah pedal does the wah's that sound like a whammy if so how much do they cost?
you really really need to click this, and register: Music forum
Quote by Xx Death xX
thx guys.. and the wah pedal does the wah's that sound like a whammy if so how much do they cost?

a wah pedal sounds like a wah pedal, they make a "waaaaah" sound, i think that's probably what you're looking for.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Unless you mean a harmonic with a pulling up on the whammy bar (a "Dime" squeal (I hate that expression))?
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Quote by imnotastoner
i learned how to play pinch harmonics from a video on youtube.
search for it, there should be a few lessons that will help you.

+1

that and practice.
A nice Floyd Rose style bridge and some good pinch harmonics will serve you well.
Yo bro.