All my life I've been telling myself I wasn't good enough, nobody likes me and stuff like that. Like at wrestling and skateboarding the two things i really love to do. Bass guitar is third. I've been telling myself I sucked to make me try but it also makes me depressed. Also with girls and school. I've been trying lately to be less hyperactive I have a problem of being and just jfjgfjjf.
There's something wrong if you think putting yourself down makes you better at things.
High insecurity and low self esteem. We've all been there, for no reason good enough to make you feel like garbage. You just keep turning yourself down because you don't want someone else to turn yourself down. But you know what, who gives a crap right?
Low self-esteem. It's not really uncommon. I have low self-esteem. Partially cause my parents borderline hate me. I even thought that I was adopted when I was younger....
I know I suck at skateboarding but I do it all the time because it's so ****ing fun. I can't even land a kickflip and I've been skating for about 4 summers now but I love it.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
The only person thats gonna really change anything is you, get into a positive mindframe and soon enough things should get better...

the key is positive thinking
Manchester United Est. 1878

Do you DIG?

Cos I DIG.
DUDE, i do that too. Except for i get all pissy whenever anyone tryes to bring me up. Its really weird, how old are you? i heard it might have something to do with puberty
Deacon of the Church of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Member of Slashism, the worship of Saul Hudson himself, PM slash's_#1_fan to join

Member #34 of the John Frusciante and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS UG fanclub
PM IpodInaBottle to join
You aren't motivating yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, you won't get f*ck all done. Ever. The thing that keeps me motivated with my bass playing is that I want to be able to potray my emotions throuigh my playing, through whatever means necessary. If this means slapping it with my ****, then so be it. I don't tell myself I'm sh*t. I ask myself "how can I acheieve this particular sound" or "how can I refine this technique further?"

Motivation isn't about put-downs, it's about recognising improvements. Stop whining and get over it.
Quote by C O B H C
There's something wrong if you think putting yourself down makes you better at things.

to make me try harder so I can get better and feel happy
putting yourself down wont help anything. instead, tell yourself that you KNOW that you can do better than that, and go for it again. as with being more relaxed, just think before you talk. eventually, being more relaxed will come naturally. actually, being more confident instead of putting yourself down, and being more relaxed will in turn help your other two problems as well.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
Try listening to some new music. Classic rock maybe that always makes me feel happy.
"Waltz it up! The pit is it!"
Quote by basskid94
to make me try harder so I can get better and feel happy

Thinking positively will get you there a lot faster than putting yourself down.
With some things it doesn't really matter if your good or not. If you enjoy it keep at it.
Do you use a BR-600?
If so, click here to join the group thats made for you!
yes. you suck at life. i bet you are fat. honestly i don't see the point of this thread.
Think about all the great things in your life. Think about how you're not starving to death and how you don't have a rare disease and whatnot. Also, wash away all your cares and concerns by playing bass. That's how I get by, only with guitar and bass
Quote by Jimmyyoung
I lol'd

You, sir are a dink, and in no way helping this guy out.

Maybe try and hang out with people that are worse than you at stuff?
Look at my Username...I used to have really low self esteem. But now I don't care anymore
if you want your suffering to end you have to come face to face with it and ask why it makes you suffer analize it look deep into your suffering once you understand what makes you suffer you will clearly see how to end your suffering. this takes alot of practice though try to apply it to everything in your life
i'm a little like that in guitar, i never think i'm good enough

but if that's how you think is the best way to get motivated, set your self a high goal instead of talking yourself down
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I seem to have a similar problem. Right now, I'm preparing for a really hard trumpet solo to play in front of a judge, and I sound like absolute crap, I'm not hitting notes, dynamics are off, that sort of stuff. And I feel like I can't do it and that I'll never be good. But I keep telling myself that if I keep practicing and whatever that I'll be good at it. You just gotta keep on working and have that drive telling you to keep going on, because I'm sure that anybody who is the best at what they do had a time when they weren't satisfied.

As for girls, I thought that no girl would ever even talk to me, but I found out that if you just talk to them it's okay. There's this one girl that I like, and I just started talking to her, and I think she might like me and whatever, so you just gotta start talking. I'm not a very social person, so it was kinda difficult, but if you wanna get things done you need to step out of your comfort zone.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
Try not being so hung up on how good you are at those things. If you love to do those things then do them. Skill will improve naturally, but if you have the constant feeling that you suck and compared to others you just don't cut it then you end up putting a psychological barrier that will seriously limit your improvements. It doesn't matter if you can't do a 360 heelflip or do the pop/slap technique or whatever it is you can't do. You shouldn't be playing or skating to be the best or compare yourself to others, you should be playing to enjoy yourself. If you do that, improvement will come on its own. As for you feeling that nobody likes you, all you can really do is be respectful to people and if they don't like you that's fine. It doesn't mean that something is wrong with you.
Quote by guitar?

BTW do not say n-i-g-g-e-r. I know some one who said lets go buy some snickers and some black guy punched him in the face.
Yes, there is something wrong with you. I am a doctor, and know what I say. There's no easy way to say this, but I think you are emo. Do you have the urge to listen to Fall Out Boy or My Chemical Romance?

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by Megadeth2011
Yes, there is something wrong with you. I am a doctor, and know what I say. There's no easy way to say this, but I think you are emo. Do you have the urge to listen to Fall Out Boy or My Chemical Romance?

Jackass, GTFO!!!!!
Quote by Megadeth2011

Wow. Aren't you funny/mature?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
You aren't motivating yourself. If you don't believe in yourself, you won't get f*ck all done. Ever. The thing that keeps me motivated with my bass playing is that I want to be able to potray my emotions throuigh my playing, through whatever means necessary. If this means slapping it with my ****, then so be it. I don't tell myself I'm sh*t. I ask myself "how can I acheieve this particular sound" or "how can I refine this technique further?"

Motivation isn't about put-downs, it's about recognising improvements. Stop whining and get over it.

you truly are UG's dr. phil