It seems everybody here hates them. I own a spider 3 75w and I have no problems with it. What's the big deal? Is there something I should know? I'll return it and get something better if there's something wrong. I just wanna hear why everybody hates them.
We don't hate Line 6 as a company, as a matter of fact they have very good products like the DL-4 and their Vettas and Flextones, but the hatred is focused on the Spider series of amps because they sound really digital and thin.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
i agree with ssl27....they sound too digital...not good old nice warm vintage tone...there great beginner/practice amps but i wouldnt do any serious giging with a line 6
if i came home and there was a spider in my room, i would be delighted with my new practice amp. if i went to play a show and there was a spider on stage, i would slap someone in the face
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Its not all line 6 amps.
Its just the Spider 3s
My friend has one
god, it is horrible
I <3 Drugs.

The universe works on a math equation-
That never even ever really ends in the end-
Infinity spirals out creation.

Myspace
Tumblr
"Band"
As **** as the Spiders are, I was throughly impressed with the Flextone III. I wouldn't buy one, but I wouldn't be upset with one either. Line 6 is a decent company and as the technology advances they'll get better and better. Respect to what they're trying to do.
You think you could use the search bar next time? There's like a 'y do ppl h8 lin6 amps teh r teh br00talz' every single day...

People don't hate Line 6 amplifiers. Just the large wattage Spider series amps because they're just a glorified practice amp.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
It's just the Spider series really. I had to use a Spider II a few weeks ago at a gig, and even though I was lending it from the headliners (didn't have my JCM then) I made no secret of my hatred for it after the gig. The tone made me want to just cut off my ears or suddenly go deaf or something so that I wouldn't have to listen to it anymore. On top of that the footswitch wouldn't work when I wanted it to and then would just randomly flick onto clean or something in the middle of a song. It was one of those nightmare gigs that we all dread.

So yeh, that's my own personal experience with a Spider
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Quote by giantsfanftw
It seems everybody here hates them. I own a spider 3 75w and I have no problems with it. What's the big deal? Is there something I should know? I'll return it and get something better if there's something wrong. I just wanna hear why everybody hates them.

I think its because they sound too digital being a digital modeling amp...plus they are high in price for what you get.

but if you like the sound you get with it, stick with it.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
You think you could use the search bar next time? There's like a 'y do ppl h8 lin6 amps teh r teh br00talz' every single day...

People don't hate Line 6 amplifiers. Just the large wattage Spider series amps because they're just a glorified practice amp.

no, line 6 amps anen't teh br00talz, 5150's ARE !
EQUIPMENT.
Peavey 5150
Fender Showmaster QBT
Digitech Digidelay
Quote by lua4x
no, line 6 amps anen't teh br00talz, 5150's ARE !

Sorry! How could I make such a silly mistake?

Yeah, so anyways TS, if you like the amp, just keep it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by rage6945
if i came home and there was a spider in my room, i would be delighted with my new practice amp. if i went to play a show and there was a spider on stage, i would slap someone in the face

True, I wouldn't want to dime the dang thing if it's the last thing i do
A friend of mine wouldn't shut up about his line 6 being a great amp, heh, for what he paid, he could of bought 3 of the epi tube amp he has now, and now he's saything that the Epi's are the greatest, some people never learn.
Doowop dooby doo doowop doowah doolang
Blue days black nights doowah doolang!
Last edited by 68_SG at Feb 3, 2008,
I just bought a Spider III 15w yesterday because I needed a practice amp.
I really like it after comparing this one to all the small practice amps that were
at guitar center, the crate 15 watt sucked, and the MG10w sucked alot too
the 15w Spider III is really the best choice when comparing it all the other ones;
you get some nice effects and pretty good distortion (albeit a bit digital)
but all I had was 110$ so it was the best amp hands down

but in the opinion to the more expensive Spiders yeah they arent really that great
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?