I've just started the guitar at 26 and my nephew at 6 wants to start playing too.

I looked at the guitars and want to get him a decent one but don't know if nylon strings are better for a kid than steel strings?

Any info appreciated.

Cheers
You should probably start him off with nylon.
Color
is
subjective.
Quote by Twist of fate
Nylon, its softer. For future reference, things like this belong in the guitar and bass basics forum as this is for questions about the site.

Cheers, there were that many sections i didn't know where to start.
^ It's all good. You'll catch on, gradually.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
steel, it'll get him used to it quicker.
Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the cake this morning!

yeah, that's an inside joke. i made it different colors and sizes to be obnoxious...
Quote by rosamamosa
steel, it'll get him used to it quicker.

He's 6 years old.......

He probably needs a half sized guitar, too.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Ya nylon but at 6 years old he is going to get bored real quick with an acoustic guitar. They are better to learn on but when i got my first acoustic i got bored quick becasue i couldnt sound like Led Zeppelin or any of my other favorite bands. Then i got my first electric and i loved the sound and it made me want to start learning acoustic stuff again. That was just me though.
I know now what I knew then, but I didn't know then what I know now
Ya nylon but at 6 years old he is going to get bored real quick with an acoustic guitar. They are better to learn on but when i got my first acoustic i got bored quick becasue i couldnt sound like Led Zeppelin or any of my other favorite bands. Then i got my first electric and i loved the sound and it made me want

Cheers man