should i get this its really a step up from my 15 watt s.s practice amp and id use it for giggin. but ive heard it cuts out and stuff but from when ive used it its been great. Being that it is a hybrid does it really make a difference from a solid state? i would be getting a good deal on this too but im not sure if i should go with this or a orange crush witha good distortion pedal. i will be playing black sabbath, 80s metal, metallica(and justice for all and before) and of course iron maiden
Quote by powerslave69
should i get this its really a step up from my 15 watt s.s practice amp and id use it for giggin. but ive heard it cuts out and stuff but from when ive used it its been great. Being that it is a hybrid does it really make a difference from a solid state? i would be getting a good deal on this too but im not sure if i should go with this or a orange crush witha good distortion pedal. i will be playing black sabbath, 80s metal, metallica(and justice for all and before) and of course iron maiden

The Valvetronix are great amplifiers. But if you don't need a crap load of tones at your disposal, I'd recommend others. For the same price as the AD120VT, you could get something like a Traynor YCV20 or a Laney VC30. Both amps are great for metal once you boost the front end with an OD.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
is the laney vc30 really that good for that type of metal i was lookin into that but still the price is pretty big and id only have to pay like 20 or somethin a month for this
Quote by powerslave69
is the laney vc30 really that good for that type of metal i was lookin into that but still the price is pretty big and id only have to pay like 20 or somethin a month for this

Again, if you boost it with an overdrive, you can do Maiden and Metallica no problem. I recommend trying some amps out though. My opinion doesn't really matter if you like the tone from another amp does it?
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by powerslave69
yeah but thanks anyway ill try the laney ive been meaning to for a while

Try out that Traynor too! You won't regret it.

Cheers and happy amp hunting!
Quote by zgr0826

Quote by JustRooster