Alright, at practice with the new band...and I turn my Valveking to 4/5 and it's borderline too loud.

Sounds good for rhythm and the sort, but the leads are sounding a bit odd...

I think it's the fact that at 4/5 the tubes are being just barely overdriven, and if I get an OD pedal then the leads will sound quite a ways better.

But, as I know nothing, I come here for help...so please, help me.

Volume: 4-5
High Gain channel
Class A/B
"Tight" setting
Reverb: 3-6
Gain: 10, with gain boost on
EQ:
Bass-10
Mid-8
Treble-6-8

We played "sweet child of mine" (GNR), "Crazy Train" (Ozzy), "TNT"(ACDC).

I'm mostly worried about the tone on GNR because it sounds really terrible (in my ears) when i'm playing the solo...the other guys think it sounds good, but I don't know.

Could it be my semi-hollow? Would it be better to use my solidbody for all the songs, so the tone would be thicker?
too loud? i get to 9 or 10 with my VK 212 and am only content with that. my drummer has a huge ****in loud ass old kit and my vocalist has his own 200 watt PA and my other guitarist uses anothe VK 212 so. you hsuold invest in an OD pedal
(signature removed, please choose another)
Quote by player o slayer
too loud? i get to 9 or 10 with my VK 212 and am only content with that. my drummer has a huge ****in loud ass old kit and my vocalist has his own 200 watt PA and my other guitarist uses anothe VK 212 so. you hsuold invest in an OD pedal

yeah, I had it up to 7 once, and they were like "god damn, turn your ****ing amp down!"

Alright, I was thinking that, and I'll be checking ebay for the next little bit...but I'm still open to other opinions, as well.
Try altering your settings. For instance turn the gain down and the volume up, and mess around with the EQ a bit, at the moment looking at your settings it looks like you have just rolled all the nobs up and expected an awesome tone, you need to fiddle around. Try that with your hollow body first if there is still no joy then switch to your original settings again, switch guitars, try that if that doesn't work then mess about with your EQ/Gain etc again. If no joy then try running an OD through it. If that doesn't solve your problem then I have no other ideas lol.
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
welll you should have the Gain up that high. Turn the vol alll the way up or most of the way and use the gain as a vol knob.
Turn the texture all the way to class A. Should enable you to drive the tubes easier at lower volumes.