Yep, I am.

Every time I go to a friend's house to jam, they always tell me to hurry up. Hurry up doing what, you ask?

Tuning my guitar.

I can't stand for my guitar to be out of tune, even in the slightest. Even when someone else's guitar is slightly out of tune I get annoyed, but I don't say anything because I don't want to be an ass.

Anyone else hate for a guitar to be even slightly off tune?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
nothing wrong with it
Quote by eggo_boi_15
Arnt the first few things anyone learns on a guitar is

1. Nirvana - smells like teen spirit
2. Prince - Smoke on the water
3. White stripes - seven nation army

Quote by #1 synth
i figure as long as its not a puppy it's fair game for my penis.
I feel the same way. It's not just guitars, though. In band class, I can hear if another trumpet player by me is out of tune, and it bugs me, so I adjust. Then I'm in tune with the person to my left, but the person to my right is slightly flat, and I don't want to seem like an ass and tell them they are out of tune. I also hate when my guitar goes out of tune. I like it to be perfectly in tune, which I know is pretty much impossible. I feel the same way you do...
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
ya i had to go to therapy once because of it

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

I am the exact same way! Except I snatch their guitar and tune it before they can even finish their riff. Call me a dick, but they all thank me in the long run.

Ok, maybe thats not exactly how it happens, but you get the jist (sp?)
Hello
I'm the same, but I thrash the hell out of my strings so I'm out again in about 20 minutes, I should probably play softer and remember this is not a bass
Quote by thefitz
Interesting. It turns out that there are people on the forum who play an upright bass. I'll make a note of that.

*makes note*

*puts note on wall*

*stares at note for a minute*

*sits back down and resumes doing what I was doing*
Quote by E V H 5150
I feel the same way. It's not just guitars, though. In band class, I can hear if another trumpet player by me is out of tune, and it bugs me, so I adjust. Then I'm in tune with the person to my left, but the person to my right is slightly flat, and I don't want to seem like an ass and tell them they are out of tune. I also hate when my guitar goes out of tune. I like it to be perfectly in tune, which I know is pretty much impossible. I feel the same way you do...

Yeah I know.

The ex-bass player in our band refused to spend more than 30 seconds tuning his guitar, and it annoyed me beyond belief. Sometimes when everyone went to take a break, I would stay behind and tune his bass...

One of my guitar-playing friends tunes his guitar a little flat and it bugs me whenever I jam with him...I guess being OTD(lol) is a good thing, but it's getting in the way of jam sessions a lot....

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by E V H 5150

i feel your pain dude, the flutes in my band class are always out of tune.

always.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by FLNagle
i feel your pain dude, the flutes in my band class are always out of tune.

always.

i know how you feel, i'm in high school and as a trumpet, i have to listen to them sqeak and sqwauk all the live long day
Haha, I'm the same way.

Nothing wrong with being in tune, though.
Color
is
subjective.
Quote by guitaruboy
i know how you feel, i'm in high school and as a trumpet, i have to listen to them sqeak and sqwauk all the live long day

For some reason, that made me LOL a lot.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
Quote by deathpidgeon
i feel kurt cobain summed this one up best...if your guitar is out of tune, then sing out of tune.

...Or you could...you know...tune your guitar.
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
I am the same way. when mine gets about 5 cents off, I have to tune it
~Insert Signature Here~
hey, if the rest of the band wants to sound like sh*t, let 'em. thats how the people in my high school band were, it got on my nerves so bad!

the singer sucked, but thats besides the point, but i mean vocals are built in, theres no 'tuning' required. we had a good bassist at one point, the one that replaced him.... he kinda gnawed on his bass onstage, he couldnt really play. and the drummer? he was a rich kid with a ridiculous electric drumset (he claims his dad invented the electric drums)

so, sorry i didnt want to sound like crap i guess.

people in your band sound like posers if ya ask me
Gear:

Stinger Smx
Hondo H-1
Fender Classical
Custom Mini Les Paul
60 watt Mega Tube
GNX4 workstation
6 pack of Shiner Bock
Everybody I know would rather take time to tune up and sound excellent then sound like crap... since they're all real musicians. To them tuning up isn't a waste of time but a necessity to sound good.

That said, I tune my Steinberger once every two weeks or so xD. Probably more like every few days if i even touched the whammy...
Steinberger GU/Spirit w/ Moses Graphite neck, EMG 81-85
"Fireball" Pacer/RG hybrid

Furman Power Conditioner
Axe-Fx Standard
ART SLA-1
Yamaha S112V
Peak FCB4N