Soo basically I have a jackson dk2m, i should have a wealthy amount of money soon and i am thinking of completely getting a new setup. first I am SAVING UP for a krankenstein head and I HAVE a surprisingly amazing B52 cab that trust me is very nice and i occasionally use a ibanez weeping demon wah AND i am borrowing a crate solid state crappy head). but I am thinking of going for a ESP with a V like design, this could be the michael amott or the alexi laiho signature. If you are unable to tell I am looking for a very metal setup. but I know that alexi has made a switch to one seymour duncan blackout rather than an EMG (81 im guessing). do u suggest that I go after a mesa boogie dual rectifier head rather than a krankenstein?

===>also. I truly have no preference for if the guitar has or does not have a tremolo or whammy of some sort. MA signature has ability to have killswitch effect with the dual volume knobs and it has 2 pickups, where as the alexi laiho seems to have more comfy designed body. <===

i will try out both but i want other peoples opinions. i play everything but the setup i have does not make me happy when playing newer metal.
Quote by Slash's padawan
Soo basically I have a jackson dk2m, i should have a wealthy amount of money soon and i am thinking of completely getting a new setup. first I am SAVING UP for a krankenstein head and I HAVE a surprisingly amazing B52 cab that trust me is very nice and i occasionally use a ibanez weeping demon wah AND i am borrowing a crate solid state crappy head). but I am thinking of going for a ESP with a V like design, this could be the michael amott or the alexi laiho signature. If you are unable to tell I am looking for a very metal setup. but I know that alexi has made a switch to one seymour duncan blackout rather than an EMG (81 im guessing). do u suggest that I go after a mesa boogie dual rectifier head rather than a krankenstein?

===>also. I truly have no preference for if the guitar has or does not have a tremolo or whammy of some sort. MA signature has ability to have killswitch effect with the dual volume knobs and it has 2 pickups, where as the alexi laiho seems to have more comfy designed body. <===

i will try out both but i want other peoples opinions. i play everything but the setup i have does not make me happy when playing newer metal.

Meh, you're experienced. Make your own decisions. Jay kay!

Have you thought about the standard ESP V series? They'll probably be cheaper than the Amott and the Laiho. As for the Krank vs the Mesa Boogie. Try them both out. The Mesa has a very characteristic mid sound that people either love or hate.

I'd recommend the ESP JH series. The Jeff Hanneman guitars are very killer.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Meh, you're experienced. Make your own decisions. Jay kay!

Have you thought about the standard ESP V series? They'll probably be cheaper than the Amott and the Laiho. As for the Krank vs the Mesa Boogie. Try them both out. The Mesa has a very characteristic mid sound that people either love or hate.

I'd recommend the ESP JH series. The Jeff Hanneman guitars are very killer.

yeah i bet that the jeff hanneman signatures are nice, and i tried out a mesa boogie express combo amp and i got the most beautiful sound out of it but i will most definately go to a guitar center and try out a mesa boogie dual rectifier. but do u know any stores with krank amps? thanks for advice though.

i am finally getting a job and this is the source of my soon to be money. i have 100 saved up at the moment and i got money in tha bank yo.
Quote by Slash's padawan
yeah i bet that the jeff hanneman signatures are nice, and i tried out a mesa boogie express combo amp and i got the most beautiful sound out of it but i will most definately go to a guitar center and try out a mesa boogie dual rectifier. but do u know any stores with krank amps? thanks for advice though.

i am finally getting a job and this is the source of my soon to be money. i have 100 saved up at the moment and i got money in tha bank yo.

Guitar Center.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Good luck try out a ENGL too, they have a nice bright tone, Some times, I wanna blind fold people when they try amps so they don't worry to much about the brand
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive