I really Like the simplicity and layout of Garageband, but I need a mic preamp to record my acoustic and to boost sound quality. I was considering getting Protools and an Mbox but I don't think I really need all that Protools offers. I am really just interested in being able to record my acoustic without getting a condenser mic, and improving my sound quality.

Are the Mboxs the best preamps as far as sound quality goes? If not what would you guys recommend?What should I do?

Thanks, Marc
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Personally, I think that if you are not ready for the learning curve incurred by using Protools you would be best off just getting an audio interface and using that with Garageband.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Here's a simple but effective in-line preamp - M-Audio "AUDIO BUDDY" - I had one (sold it) and it worked great with Garageband... I used it with my LP with stock HB's.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/MAudio-Audio-Buddy?sku=701104
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by pawnluv
Are the Mboxs the best preamps as far as sound quality goes?

No, the MBox preamps aren't the best there is. They're OK and will give you good recordings though. (And they used to be better, the original MBox had excellent Focusrite preamps.) A lot of people rave about the PreSonus preamps and the Onyx from Mackie when it comes to quality.
if you can run windows XP, go for a mackie onyx satellite interface. A preamp alone wont give great recordings because you would still be running into a stock sound card. The mackie interface has some nice preamps in it.