While looking at a guitar magazine with some friends.

Quote by Kaleb
DUDE! Is that a Mel Gibson?!

Quote by boreamor
Don't you understand the importance of correct spelling and grammar? It's the online symbol of maturity. And you as sure as hell don't have that.
just play the rythm section for the solo on my last words for megadeth alot. that song is the reason i can tremelo pick
Quote by Boone666
Do something off of The Bugs Bunny And Tweety show. Bugs bunny + metal = instant circle pit
Year Zero wrote: Metallica are releasing another album in 2009 as well, it will be called "Ride the Magnetic Rod" featuring Unforgiven IV.

e|---------------------------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------------------------|
G|-------------5-6-4-----------------------4-6-4-----------|
D|-------4-6-7-------7-6-4-----------4-6-7-------7-5-4-----|
A|-4-6-7-------------------7-6-4-5-7-------------------7-5-|
E|---------------------------------------------------------|

e|-----------------------------------------------------------|
B|-----------------------------------------------------------|
G|-------------4-6-4-----------------------5-6-5-------------|
D|-------4-6-7-------7-6-4-----------4-6-7-------7-6-5-------|
A|-4-5-7-------------------7-6-4-6-7-------------------7-6-4-|
E|-----------------------------------------------------------|

I made this up... Alt pick the whole thing. I do it as eighth notes at 225 bpm. Have fun.

EDIT: not 225, 245. Either way, it's hard to keep the alt picking even. This is just a good all-around exercise.
Are u looking for something like a speed exercise? All the above are good... or is it more a technique/string skipping/sweep exercise you are looking for?
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...
Just do some moderate alternate picking. I just did tremolo picking and it's screwed me up. I can pretty much only play slow-moderate, or way too ****ing fast.
D:
Signature.
Quote by Canne
Are u looking for something like a speed exercise? All the above are good... or is it more a technique/string skipping/sweep exercise you are looking for?

Good point. If it is, TS, then let us know. I've also got a crazy one for sweeping.
Quote by Atomic48
Just do some moderate alternate picking. I just did tremolo picking and it's screwed me up. I can pretty much only play slow-moderate, or way too ****ing fast.

ya thats true, i geuss the song i suggested would be good for tremelo picking, but if you want good alt picking just go up and down some pentonic scales. slowly increase your speed over time and wala you got some kick ass alt picking
Quote by Boone666
Do something off of The Bugs Bunny And Tweety show. Bugs bunny + metal = instant circle pit
Year Zero wrote: Metallica are releasing another album in 2009 as well, it will be called "Ride the Magnetic Rod" featuring Unforgiven IV.
Quote by megatallicavayn
but if you want good alternate picking just go up and down some pentonics.

I disagree. Then you get stuck on the 2-notes-per-string thing. Change it up a bit. Also, you may be wanting to do picking work, but why not make it good on your fretting hand as well? Pentatonics are boring as sh!t, and easy as hell.
Quote by Noitalevier
Chromatic scale at an insane speed?

start off doing 1234 low E to High E slowely, then build up speed. Try picking every note. Thats an old exersize that alot of big names used back when they started. Do that enough and youll see improvement man. I used that when I first started

I honestly think thats the best picking exersize around. it works your picking technique as well as teaching your hand to use all 4 playing fingers.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Last edited by rebeltildeth87 at Feb 3, 2008,
even so... many professionals use that approach for warmups before going onstage
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Take a random scale, say the G major scale. Go up and down the scale, all over the fretboard, sweeping, string skipping at random. There ya go, picking exercise!
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
anything using economic picking with the C Melodic Minor scale. Or, you coudl try alternate picking an A into B into C and so on and so forth...that is pretty difficult (especially at my 215 bpm style =]) if you can do A-G-A-G-A...props to you man, I've been trying that for a while i can only go A-G-A-G kinda
Wanking

Good for your picking hand!
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE