Well, see, we all know that many keys include the notes E, A, D, G and B (like C major, for example).

So, as a matter of musical theory, shouldn't I be able to sound like Beethoven simply by strumming the open strings in a furious, masturbatory fashion while jamming?

E|-0-0-0-0-
B|-0-0-0-0-
G|-0-0-0-0-
D|-0-0-0-0- x16 x infinity
A|-0-0-0-0-
E|-0-0-0-0-

It's beautiful because musical theory says so!!
Expect to hear it at your children's high school talent shows some day, possibly played to a backing track (Through the Fire and Flames perhaps?). Keep an eye out for the old man in the front row weeping because he knows he can now die in peace, having witnessed true beauty at last.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
Last edited by Eighteen4Ever at Feb 3, 2008,

SAXEDIT:
In the realm of helpfulness, there's many more elements to music than key. You have to take into account melody, harmony, and rhythm. Many pieces of music dont actually stick to one key, but the melody, harmony, and rhythm make the music what it is. Being in key =/= sounding good.
Quote by Eighteen4Ever
Well, see, we all know that many keys include the notes E, A, D, G and B (like C major, for example).

So, as a mater of musical theory, shouldn't I be able to sound like Beethoven simply by strumming the open strings in a furious, masturbatory fashion while jamming?

E|-0-0-0-0-
C|-0-0-0-0-
G|-0-0-0-0-
C|-0-0-0-0- x16 x infinity
G|-0-0-0-0-
C|-0-0-0-0-

It's beautiful because musical theory says so!!

Fixed.
Dickless.
Somebody doesn't understand what a theory is.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Here's how you test your theory. Play it. What? It sounds like ass? There's your answer.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
I didn't agree with it until you mentioned the masturbatory teqnique. Then i was like, yeah this could be amazing.
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.
Actually, there's only 3 keys that have just those notes.
Being in key =/= harmony. And using theory might sound "right", but it doesn't sound good. I right classical stuff sometimes that's technically correct but sounds bland and uninspired. Beethoven was neither.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
technically yes, but it would be obvious to anyone who knows anything about music that you were pulling it out of ur ass. all the notes would start ringing together and before you know it uve got a 30 minute solo with 5 notes. open strings ring, and 6 open strings at once sounds nasty. so the original question being "So, as a mater of musical theory, shouldn't I be able to sound like Beethoven simply by strumming the open strings in a furious, masturbatory fashion while jamming?"

the answer. No. You would sound absolutely nothing like Beethoven.
Originally Posted by fatdanny
Also, check out Autopsy, the vocalist sounds like hes about to eat your grandmother while f
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Here's how you test your theory. Play it. What? It sounds like ass? There's your answer.

you, sir, have made my day

EDIT:
Quote by rebeltildeth87
technically yes, but it would be obvious to anyone who knows anything about music that you were pulling it out of ur ass. all the notes would start ringing together and before you know it uve got a 30 minute solo with 5 notes. open strings ring, and 6 open strings at once sounds nasty. so the original question being "So, as a mater of musical theory, shouldn't I be able to sound like Beethoven simply by strumming the open strings in a furious, masturbatory fashion while jamming?"

the answer. No. You would sound absolutely nothing like Beethoven.

That was the smartest thing I've ever heard a southerner say.

And, as EVERYONE has been saying, being in key =/= sounding good. Also, common notes do NOT make it the same music. For Example, Fall Out Boy and Lamb Of God both play in Drop D. Does that make them the same? No.
If you sent me or ANYONE here a piece of music and told us what key it's in, I guarantee that we could send you back another piece of music in the same key that sounds nothing like it.
Last edited by synpet713192 at Feb 3, 2008,
Oh Lawd Is That Sum Newb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Never thought of that, but I really hope you're joking.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?