Ok well when you guys entered university\college, did you know exactly what kind of job you wanted in the end?

I'm in a pickle right now, never knew what I wanted to do when I was in highschool so all my courses were spread out. Problem is that most programs require all sciences or all math...

My dad suggested I take business administration since I have all the required credits and everything. Out of the few programs that I met the prerequsites this seemed the most realistic for me. Seems interesting considering I'm a cheap ass hole and always wondering how much profit the place I work at makes and **** lol But the problem is that I have no idea what kind of job I can get from it or even if I will like it.

Actually I applied to a few business admistration programs last year, got accepted but had doubts since I had no idea where it will lead me to or if I will even like the job.

So now Im just working and thinking about things. I hate working, rather go to school for sure nex year. Deadline is soon. Should I just apply and accept it? I'm scared that I won't like it and end up wasting money.

I'm clueless
I'd really sit down and think about what your hobbies are, and look for jobs based on them. I'm going into Computer Programming because I like to draw/make things, and I love computer games.

Really think about what you like to do in your spare time, and see if there's a career you could go to college for. IMO, Business college is just a safety net. Anyone can get a desk job, not many people can really go out and do what they want.
Quote by top shelf

I couldn't do it [masturbate] with the cast on however. That's when I dug out my baby sister's stuffed animals and went to town

Quote by Tubyboulin
Is it bad that I imagined you saying that in a really sexy voice?
whatever u do, stay in school. A lot of times employers don't care what field your degree is in, they just care that you have a degree. A business degree is a very broad degree. U could use it anywhere.
It's a fake wheel, dummy!
Quote by jthm_guitarist
Don't download music or you'll go to prison and get anally raped.
either:

get in a major and stick with it
get in a major and switch it later when you feel like it
get in undeclared and declare a major after a semester or two

it's not that bad to go in undeclared.

i know this works in the US tho...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
the average amount of times a student changes their major in college: 3.

just take all your gen. eds to begin with. and then you'll know what you like. and if not? change it again. there's too much pressure on us to know exactly what we want to do with our lives while we are still children.
#DTWD
Well guitar is the only hobby that can lead to a career, but I started playing in August so never mind that lol

And ya EC, we can do that here.

Taking programs and switching all the time isnt the best idea in my mind. My religion teacher did that and he said he was dirt poor for the longest time :P
I say take the math/science credits you need for the program you really want and then apply for that next year. I'm finishing up my first degree and taking correspondence for the math/sciences I missed so I can take a whole other degree in engineering in the fall. I really didn't know what I wanted at the start and I made the mistake of just taking whatever was available (although luckily I changed my major this last year and could finish with a music degree the spring instead of a crappy film degree). Trust me, it's not worth doing it just because you don't have the prerequisites, take the time to get them and then apply (you can also take an undeclared and then get all of your optional courses done in first year as well as the courses you need in math/science and then you'll get a headstart on the major by the time you start it).
Quote by Steel8909
Taking programs and switching all the time isnt the best idea in my mind. My religion teacher did that and he said he was dirt poor for the longest time :P

ask him if it was rewarding in the long run though.
#DTWD
I'm having the same problem, wanted to get a performance degree in guitar, now I'm not so sure, I want a profession to make tons of cash, but I am stuck. thankfully I am a junior in highschool still.....Just do what you want is all I can say.
PANDEMIC GROUP

Slash is trash

I has golfclaps!
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

Quote by boreamor
Your avatar is the first thing that has made me laugh in a long time. I applaud you

Quote by superslash1994
Lmao, your avatar earns you a golf clap.
Quote by swordsrkewl
I'm having the same problem, wanted to get a performance degree in guitar, now I'm not so sure, I want a profession to make tons of cash, but I am stuck. thankfully I am a junior in highschool still.....Just do what you want is all I can say.

Get a business or science degree and practice guitar like mad in your spare time, I'm in music and to be honest I really don't think it's worth spending a degree on unless you don't mind being a guitar teacher the rest of your life and making low-average cash (unless of course you make it big or become a prof, etc, etc).
The average college student changes their major 2-3 times. Trust me, you've got nothing to worry about as far as careers go, you'll KNOW when you find the right one, until then, just find a steady job that'll help pay the bills.
haha yea i changed mine once already after my first quater in college. so it doesnt matter.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Oh and I forgot to mention, I'm also interested in a skilled trades. Maybe I should just get that business degree that get into the trade business

And yes my religion teacher loves his job, that class was full of jokes !