I might get one i see more and more ppl playing them and there so freakin cool looking. EIther that or a sg.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Well, Hendrix used one during the Band of Gypsies period, there's probably some youtube vids of that....
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
There are lots of other companies that make the V shape now. They're cheaper and may be more suited to your style of music than a Gibson. What's your budget and what do you play?
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
th eonly sound im looking for is any typew of music but country and death metal. I love bluesy, clean, classic rock, new age rock and soft metal(disturbed)
Are they the same as anyother jsut different shape?

budget is 1200.00.
My newest cover Rivers Of Babylon sublime style.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J_E7iWLxmiA

My gear:
taylor 310
Fender strat MiM
Cry Baby-GCB-95
Tone port ux2
tascam dp4
80s rock, classic rock, classic metal
Epi makes a fair version of the Gibson-shaped Flying V. It'll probably need a pickup change, but it would probably suit you well enough for bluesy stuff.

The Korina would probably give you a brighter sound, the Mahogany a darker one.

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
hmm 1200 u say...have u consider the gibson explorer? they are really awesome looking and have more wood then the flying v
oh wait, 1200? You can probably find an actual Gibson Flying V on eBay for that much....

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Please please please don't get a flying V, get an SG, please.

Flying V's are so silly looking, you'll probably regret doing it. An SG will sound just as nice but you won't be embarrassed to whip it out. Sg's can look good playing any music.
Quote by life_777
depends on what amp you running through...

Agreed. Through my Crate it IS rock and roll in terms of tone, but if I pput it in front of a more metal based amp, like my friends JCM2000 TSL, its a shredder. And to the dude who says Flying Vs look silly, thats you ropinion, and the TS didn't ask for one.
In my experience the V sounds virtually the same as an SG, presuming the same pickups and amp were used. I've not had an opportunity to try a korina model against a mahogany model side by side though.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Shackman10

Flying V's are so silly looking, you'll probably regret doing it. An SG will sound just as nice but you won't be embarrassed to whip it out. Sg's can look good playing any music.

+1

You think Flying Vs look cool now, but eventually you're gonna stop thinking that way. I used to want one, but after a while I realized how stupid they look. You'll grow out of it.

I'm not gonna tell you SGs are the way to go, even though they are my favourite guitar, but you should find something that doesn't look to radical that you like.
Quote by AngelOfHatred
+1

You think Flying Vs look cool now, but eventually you're gonna stop thinking that way. I used to want one, but after a while I realized how stupid they look. You'll grow out of it.

I'm not gonna tell you SGs are the way to go, even though they are my favourite guitar, but you should find something that doesn't look to radical that you like.

but eventually, when he's tired of the looks, he can probably sell the V for just as much as he bought it for, or close to, and buy a Stratocaster or something
Brigadier of the 7-string legion. 7>6

Fender Telecaster
Schecter Damien 7
Engl Fireball
Getting a guitar just because it looks cool isn't a good reason to buy it. Also, most of the sound isn't coming from your guitar, it's coming from your amp.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Quote by Shackman10

Thats why my Alpine V with mirror pick guard embarrasses me? It doesn't. The guitar chooses you. you don't choose the guitar. As soon as I put my hands on my Flying V i knew it was the guitar for me. You should stop embarrassing yourself by whipping out your opinions . V can play anything. Im about to switch pickups but I could live w/o changing them
The Flying V is a truly amazing guitar. You might get tired of the looks but the tone is amazing. I played one on Sunday and I was just blown away. I compared it with 2 high-end PRSs, a Classic LP, US Strat, King Kelly 25th anniversary, Dean Razorback, Ibanez JEM and a Jackson DKMG.
I tried them out through a shedoad of amps too, a Dual Rec, that new Marshall JVM, the EVH 5150 and a Peavey JSX, and I have to say the Flying V was definitely my favourite. The tone was amazing, my artificial harmonics were so distinct and it just sounded like a guitar should. Playing it through the JSX I nearly wet myself.
However it is VERY uncomfrotable to play sitting down.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
what id do is buy the V and replace the bridge pickup with something else inless you like treble but the bridge pickup is to trebly for my taste
Albert King played one.... Hendrix Played one

Man if you like it, then go for it! Go play a bunch of V's, and buy what you like best. If you're playing anything with clean/bluesy/rock tone, you prolly want passive pups. If you are playing mostly metal, get active.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Classic Ebony with gold hardware
Fender American Stratocaster 3 color sunburst maple fretboard tortoise shell pickguard
Martin 000-M Auditorium
Mesa Boogie F-50
Maxon OD-9
Dunlop 535Q Wah pedal