There is a 80s made in japan fat strat wit a kahler trem (looked like a floyd rose, not a traditional kahler trem), deep red in color with a white pickguard, with about 2 or 3 nicks on it, but its $600, is this as overpriced as i think or is this fair?, cause if i can get something that plays the same for that price or cheaper, ill do that cause i am not a collector just a player, thanks alot guys
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
not worth it, Floyds are a pain in the ass... and it does not look like you need a new guitar. spend that money on a good amp!
o i have to update that i now have a 80s BC rich NJ series virgin and an 80s randall RG 100 head w/ a 2x15 EVM cab
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
in time i will most likely it was a good deal and i needed a louder amp for shows
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
well if you have 600, you can buy a used 5150... but I have a guitar with a kahler trem... and It wore out... im removing it and putting a new block of wood and a standard bridge. Just save for the amp, it'll be worth it
Kahlers and Floyds are only bad if you're clueless. That said, is it a Fender HM Strat? $600 is a lot for one of those. Look at a Charvel Model 6 or Model 5 instead, as they are a much better bang for your buck than an HM Strat a that price.
Are you sure it's a Kahler trem and not a Fender System 1? They were used about that time on MIJ Strats. They are actually decent units. I have one sitting in my parts bin currently.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1