im just seeing a bucnh of videos of people using the epiphone les paul custom like i have with the boss ds-1 to play stuff like my chemical romance, the devil wears prada, underoath etc.

jw, if it can give you the sound for that type stuff.

i mean im down to deciding between the DS-1 & the MD-2 price isnt a factor
I find when you turn the distortion really high up on the DS-1 it can start to sound a little grainy, but if you play with it's tone knob and the tone on your amp, it can be doable. A lot of places will sell a DS-1 for like $20-30, (try finding one used) so it's not a huge price to pay. And you can always sell it again, and only end up losing like $10.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
ok cause i use a Flextone II

actually i kind of wanted a grainy sound haha, i watched a video of a kid covering a TDWP song with an epi lp & ds-1 and the grainy sound matched the song perfectly, i mean it sounded really good.

the reason i thought of the MD-2 is because the sound clips of it sounded a whole lot more appealing than the ds-1
if your willlinig buy a damage control pedal, tube pedals ftw
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
The DS-1 is generally known for it's cheap price, and it's versatility. Most guitarists buy this as a starter pedal to learn how to use pedals, and to learn how to play with the sounds and tones they produce. The MD-2 is a little more focussed on metal, so it's not so great for rock, etc., whereas the DS-1 can do a lot of different styles if you play with it enough. This said, the MD-2 is also kind of a beginner metal pedal I've found, so if you're a 90% metal player, this could be a good starter pedal for you to experiment too (it's also pretty cheap, if I recall).
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
haha, i honestly play more modern rock like

fall out boy, my chem, taking back sunday, boys like girls, praise & worship stuff

but, the hardcore i DO play like the devil wears prada, maylene & the sosn of disaster, underoath, a day to remember, every time i die, etc...... i would like to have a pedal that is versatile enough to get the sounds i would like for when i cover ALL these bands...
The Flextone has a lot of gain. Getting a pedal for more gain would be completely useless. Now you could get an OD pedal and use it to boost your already over driven amp, but since you have a flextone, I doubt it would sound very good.
12 fret fury