Page 1 of 2
I've lived in Nebraska for about 5 years and people here have strange taste in music for example almost everyone seems to like these bands for stupid reasons the first few make sense but the rest are retarded

1. 311 - everyone loves them cuz they're from Omaha
2. Maroon 5 - they're from Lincoln
3. Slipnot - They're from Iowa (go figure)
4. Stone Sour - They're singer is from Slipnot who is from Iowa

This band is kind of new and so far quite a few people love them here's why

Dirty Little Rabbits - The Drummer is from Slipnot who is from Iowa
311 = cool, i dig'm

M5 = ghey^2

slip....not? = whazzzafü<?
stone sour = the singers from slipKnot!
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
I like you because your on UG.

No, it doesn't make any sense. If the band/s is **** like maroon 5 for example people love them for being from somewhere instead of what their music is..wow
this is st***d
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
*looks at username*
I hate every band you listed.
Favorite band list= Shadows Fall, Wintersun, Ensiferum, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Nile, Symphony X, Boston, Dream Theater, Behemoth, Dethklok, Spice Girls, REM, RHCP, Into Eternity, Amon Amarth, Finntroll, Gojira, Tvangeste, Cannibal Corpse, Norther, Diablo Swing Orchestra.

Where did you live?
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
I live in Nebraska too...
And I had no idea that any of those bands came from here :P
Everybody here really likes Fall Out Boy, Carrie Underwood, and Kenny Chesney.
Where do you live? Because not that I like Slipknot, but they're substantially better than what people here like.
I hear you, but most Nebraskans are too stupid to realize that anything other than 311 and the Huskers ever came out of the state. People get desperate for something big with which to represent themselves. It sucks because I think Nebraska is actually pretty cool place that has produced some neat stuff.

In light of the recent anonymous attacks on scientology: Funny Nebraskans don't want to claim L. Ron Hubbard as a native son, I mean his church is getting a lot of national attention lately
NO slipknot fucking sucks, and all the people I know (town of 600 people) either like Nickelback, Breaking Benjamin, Country or Rap, beside me & a few friends who like metal. A few kids in my school like slipknot and maroon 5, but nobody likes 311 lol. I'm from Elmwood-Murdock (C-2 school) which is 20 minutes from lincoln and about 45 from Omaha. Nobody should stereotype me and my minions (other people from nebraska) because of what has been said in this thread. I know people who only listen to barbershop music and people who only listen to techno so this thread is irrelevant.
Nebraska FTW
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
1&2: Ok they're from Nebraska that makes sense...
3: People in Nebraska are pissed off about....living in Nebraska?
4: Still pissed off and in one or two songs extremely depressed about living in Nebraska?
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

There's a reason they call Omaha Emoha, and it's not because "everybody likes 311 and maroon 5"
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Maybe it's an age thing 311 was a big deal when I was a teenager, a much bigger deal they would have been based on national popularity alone. The same thing was very much true a few years ago with maroon 5, of course they were super popular all over the country, but everyone I knew would say "oh the guy's from Lincoln, blah blah blah."

Edit. Of course Nebraskans like other music too, but I think these bands are disporportionately enjoyed or at least mentioned by Nebraskans.
^You don't fail for liking a band (unless it's slipknot olol jk)

Diminishedtobeme: dude, there are too many metal regs (including myself) posting in the pit, we should get back to the good forum...
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
(sorry about the double post)
Quote by dullsilver_mike

Edit. Of course Nebraskans like other music too, but I think these bands are disporportionately enjoyed or at least mentioned by Nebraskans.

Not where I'm from...
What part of Nebraska are all of the Nebraskans in here from, I'm interested...
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Ah yes, I know people in both towns. I assume you're in kearny for UNK? If so, I hear that's a great party school...
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I'm originally from Beatrice, just south of Lincoln, Now I live in Kearney.

I have totally participated in spelling bees in your hometown.

And I'm out of *extreme* southeast Nebraska. Falls City. I doubt youknow where I'm talking about.
Uh, yeah I know where you're talking about. I probably know 90% of the towns here. I think my friend's girlfriend is from Falls City (school= FC Sacred Heart, c1 correct?)
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Quote by nebraskan
Uh, yeah I know where you're talking about. I probably know 90% of the towns here. I think my friend's girlfriend is from Falls City (school= FC Sacred Heart, c1 correct?)

You've got it.

I live in Texas during the summer...I get some strange reactions from people.
Person: So, where are you from?
Me: Nebraska.
Person: What's Nebraska?
We don't have accents !! Do people ever ask u if you have computers/technology? I had a kid believing that Indians were attacking my house one time lol, he still believes me lol. I think we played you guys in basketball (and beat you haha, we're #6) Have you heard of Elmwood-Murdock?
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Quote by Yikes
I have totally participated in spelling bees in your hometown.

And I'm out of *extreme* southeast Nebraska. Falls City. I doubt youknow where I'm talking about.

I've been everywhere in the south east part of the state and I've driven to falls city about 3 or 4 times Back when gas was cheap I had to do something for fun, townhopping is what it's all about.
Quote by nebraskan
We don't have accents !! Do people ever ask u if you have computers/technology? I had a kid believing that Indians were attacking my house one time lol, he still believes me lol. I think we played you guys in basketball (and beat you haha, we're #6) Have you heard of Elmwood-Murdock?

Haha, yes. I remember the guys in my grade talking about you...
And yeah. They'll be like "Do you have TELEVISION?" like I've never heard the word before.
And everybody thinks that Nebraska=corn, and only corn.

Edit:
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I've been everywhere in the south east part of the state and I've driven to falls city about 3 or 4 times Back when gas was cheap I had to do something for fun, townhopping is what it's all about.

If your enjoyment ever came out of visiting this town, I feel sorry for you.
We don't even have a movie theatre!
Last edited by Yikes at Feb 4, 2008,
^Booze Cruising I assume? I love doing that lol. Ever end up in towns like Weeeping Water, Louisville, Elmwood, Murdock, Eagle, Waverly, or Syracuse? I live (on a farm by) the only dry (no selling of alcohol) town left in the state.
Edit: to dulsilver_mike:

Quote by Yikes
Haha, yes. I remember the guys in my grade talking about you...
And yeah. They'll be like "Do you have TELEVISION?" like I've ever heard to word before.
And everybody thinks that Nebraska=corn, and only corn.

Hell yeah, we pwn lol. I was homecoming king... /bragging.
We don't even have the most corn in the U.S lol.
Quote by Yikes

If your enjoyment ever came out of visiting this town, I feel sorry for you.
We don't even have a movie theatre!

Lmao, we have: post office, bank, gas station. That's it.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Last edited by nebraskan at Feb 4, 2008,
Lol, Funny is that in Australia we don't narrow it down to a specific city, If a band has made it big elsewhere everyone likes them because they are Australian.

Kylie Minogue - Greatest Singer ever in the minds of the bulk of the Australian music Industry

AC/DC - Greatest rock band in the eyes of the Australian Music Industry

Wolfmother - Best thing to come out of Australia since AC/DC
Quote by mattvl
Listen to this guy, he's australian. If there are any people out there who know how to handle women it's australians.
Quote by nebraskan

Hell yeah, we pwn lol. I was homecoming king... /bragging.
We don't even have the most corn in the U.S lol.

Lmao, we have: post office, bank, gas station. That's it.

Well, we have three gas stations. We win.
We also have a bowling alley that only opens from nine to five on Saturday and a building that USED to be our theatre.
^U do win I guess lol. Apparently we used to have a theater, and I know we used to have a grocery store and sandwhich shop, but they went out of business . How far do you have to drive to a movie theater (what town?) B/C lincoln is only 20 minutes away .
Quote by Chadicus
Lol, Funny is that in Australia we don't narrow it down to a specific city, If a band has made it big elsewhere everyone likes them because they are Australian.

Kylie Minogue - Greatest Singer ever in the minds of the bulk of the Australian music Industry

AC/DC - Greatest rock band in the eyes of the Australian Music Industry

Wolfmother - Best thing to come out of Australia since AC/DC

I've got a few friends from the metal forum from Australia that might disagree with such statements.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
I don't really think the whole music thing is weird...what's wrong with a little pride in your homestate? And if the music is bringing people enjoyment, that's yet another reason that it's not weird. It's just people digging music.
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
Lol, great sig (grimme's post, what a n00b)
I agree in the home state thing on most aspects, but the only band I'm proud of from Nebraska (Cellador- a power metal band) is now broken up . All other bands are either crappy metalcore or emo (other than the bands that aren't crappy metalcore or emo lol)
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
At least you guys don't here crank that or *insert generic hip hop title* just about every f*cking day.....but those bands do indeed suck
Actually I do hear a lot of sodier boy shit aswell.
Quote by Sn^ke

Quote by stanleybach
Quote by nebraskan
NO slipknot fucking sucks, and all the people I know (town of 600 people) either like Nickelback, Breaking Benjamin, Country or Rap, beside me & a few friends who like metal. A few kids in my school like slipknot and maroon 5, but nobody likes 311 lol. I'm from Elmwood-Murdock (C-2 school) which is 20 minutes from lincoln and about 45 from Omaha. Nobody should stereotype me and my minions (other people from nebraska) because of what has been said in this thread. I know people who only listen to barbershop music and people who only listen to techno so this thread is irrelevant.
Nebraska FTW

omg lol Chopin sucks

just because you don't like a band, it doesn't mean it sucks
slipknot are (or were) entertainers and they were good at it
That's so stupid, and pathetically hilarious at the same time. Dont they like a band based on their music, not from where they originated?
:stickpoke
Quote by nebraskan
*looks at username*
I hate every band you listed.
Favorite band list= Shadows Fall, Wintersun, Ensiferum, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Nile, Symphony X, Boston, Dream Theater, Behemoth, Dethklok, Spice Girls, REM, RHCP, Into Eternity, Amon Amarth, Finntroll, Gojira, Tvangeste, Cannibal Corpse, Norther, Diablo Swing Orchestra.

Where did you live?

Wow. You rule nebraskan.
Quote by Kensai
IF YOU TYPE WITH BIG LETTERS YOUR POINT WILL COME ACROSS EASIER!

Seriously wtf was that?
Page 1 of 2