Hey i need to uninstall Internet Explorer off Windows vista but i can't find an option in control panel for uninstalling windows programs ala XP.
Can anyone help?
You're screwed if you want to uninstall IE7 from Vista, it's like glued in there mate.
Ibanez RG350dx
Ibanez AF85 Artcore VLS
Peavey Bandit 112

Quote by rocknrollstar
"Oh baby baby yes yes YES! YES! *pinch harmonic*"
Google is your friend.

"You can't remove IE7 as it's an integral part of Vista."

From the very first result when searching "remove IE7 from vista".
My guitar modification blog.
Quote by MuffinMan
Jesus was all like "To those about to rock, I salute you." then he grabbed his mighty axe and rocked the Romans out really hard. Of course they were strict classical music so....
Quote by garett
The solution to Vista is XP.

Seriously everyone is upgrading to XP. Vista is sooo obsolete.

As soon as I can I'm going to wipe this hard drive clean (currently running Vista) and install XP. When this laptop becomes obsolete I will never again purchase a PC. Got Vista? Then you do have a problem.
Control panel, on the left click control panel home. then under programs click uninstall a program.
I'm using vista right now and I actually like it. I don't know why people hate it so much.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Quote by garett
The solution to Vista is XP.

Seriously everyone is upgrading to XP. Vista is sooo obsolete.

+1 to that...vista is a joke
Internet Explorer was already an embedded part of Windows XP, nevermind Vista. In Vista it can actually be part of the interface right out of the box.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
I still maintain Vista's the most stable OS I've used. Never had any problems with it, except when I was using beta 2. Why d'you wanna remove IE? I mean IE sucks balls but.. why's it need to actually go?

Anyway, Vista's so pretty Mac's are ugly as.

Flame away, fanboys.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
got pop ups and **** coming through. no idea where they're coming from. using firefox but they still manage to open up internet explorer on their own. tried virus checkers, deleting cookies all that ****, nothing works so i just though "kill it i'm not using it anyway"
Why not just delete the .exe then? Be a pretty impressive popup that can start IE without that.
Quote by MightyAl
Why not just delete the .exe then? Be a pretty impressive popup that can start IE without that.

Internet explorer can function without missing limbs. We are internet explorer. Resistance is futile.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Internet explorer can function without missing limbs. We are internet explorer. Resistance is futile.

Ah,of course. IE7, like a zombie, but 14 times as hardcore.
Quote by MightyAl
Ah,of course. IE7, like a zombie, but 14 times as hardcore.

I was reffering to it being The Borg but alright. If it's a zombie: shoot it in the face with firefox.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
I was reffering to it being The Borg but alright. If it's a zombie: shoot it in the face with firefox.

Yes, but the Borg are a type of cyborg zombie.
Though I don't think they run on Windows, or even use an x86-type processor architecture.
Quote by MightyAl

I thought of that too but didn't wanna cause any major damage? if its like an embedded part of the OS and all...
Quote by consecutive e
I thought of that too but didn't wanna cause any major damage? if its like an embedded part of the OS and all...

Just set up a system restore before you do it, then there's no harm done. Unless deleting it causes your PC to kill you, but I think that's fairly unlikely. Like less than 40% chance.
You can't uninstall IE anymore, they embedded it back in XP and it runs as part of your OS. Delete it and suddenly windows explorer (the thing that runs you GUI) no longer runs.
Yeah I like vista.

It can also be handy having two browsers (if you know what I mean....hehehe).
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by MightyAl
Just set up a system restore before you do it, then there's no harm done. Unless deleting it causes your PC to kill you, but I think that's fairly unlikely. Like less than 40% chance.

Knowing microsoft there probably is some bug in vista that will make my computer shoot knives at my face if i hit a wrong button.
Quote by consecutive e
Knowing microsoft there probably is some bug in vista that will make my computer shoot knives at my face if i hit a wrong button.

That's a feature.
Quote by consecutive e
Hey i need to uninstall Internet Explorer off Windows vista but i can't find an option in control panel for uninstalling windows programs ala XP.
Can anyone help?
You cant unistall it, but you can disable it and use something else as your web browser.