Anybody notice what kind of guitar Tom Petty was playing with at the Super Bowl? The first one he had, before he picked up the telecaster. I couldn't figure out what that thing was, but it looked cool.
Aw maaaaaaan Tom Petty played at the super bowl? Guess I should have watched it.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
They're cool. Great clean, spanky, bright tone, as you could hear during the show.

I don't know what kind of Rick' he was playing, but it's one of the 300 series:
http://www.rickenbacker.com/model_all.asp?series=300

Not for me, but good for indie and pop, and I've also heard it in punk and some hardcore bands. I believe one of the guitarists from A Wilhelm Scream uses one.
Hell yeah. Rickenbackers are amazing.

That was almost definitely a 12-string he was playing, just to clarify the second poster's comment.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
well i'm not sure how much of tom's guitar i was actually hearing versus his buddies with the gibson and the... actually I didn't notice what the other guy was playing. So yeah I couldn't pick the rickenbacker out of the mix, but i'll say this, as a band they sounded amazing
A lot of early Beatles (A Hard Day's Night in particular) makes use of the Rickenbacker 12-string, if that helps you determine the sound.

Danelectro 12-strings come quite close to matching the sound, if you don't want to shell out the money for a Ric.
Do YOU know who Les Paul is?

Guitars:
-Epiphone Dot Studio
Amps:
-Fender Stage 112 SE
Effects:
-BBE Soul Vibe
-Boss OD-1 Overdrive
-Ibanez DE-7 Delay
Quote by Wulver
Hell yeah. Rickenbackers are amazing.

That was almost definitely a 12-string he was playing, just to clarify the second poster's comment.

The Rickenbacker 12-string is wonderful. If you want that great tone you need the "toaster" pickups and not those "high-output" crappers they stick in everything they make nowadays. Like the ones this guy has:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAejkh4rTjs
Was it just me, or was there 3 guitarists in that show? I saw Tom, a guy with a strat (and i think he picked up a jazz box near the end), and a guy with a sexy blue one. Did anyone else spot a bassist? There probably was, but I was probably too occupied laughing with buddies to notice.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
^^^I think that was the bassist with the Fender. But I'm not sure.

And a Rickenbacker 360 is my dream guitar. That through a Vox AC30...oh god, I just got a boner thinking about it. Need I say more???

In the vid, does that dude have a guitar with his own signature on it? Does that strike anyone else as odd?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Tom had a 6 string rickenbacker. playing through a vox half stack. im guessing like an AC50 or something...

lead guitar had a blue gretsch'y guitar with a white stripe downt he middle. i thought he played same voxes as tom.

other rhythm player (that looked like andy fairweather-low) had a red strat through another AC50.

the bass player (i don't really remember) had an ampeg stack.

there was a keyboardist, and a black drummer with an NFL beanie.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard