i really want to learn a few lamb of god songs, but am having trouble. i tune my guitar to the right tuning, but it just doesn't sound anything like what it should, it makes me a sad panda man

my set up is
ibanez 370dx
fender frontman 25r 75W amp
boss metal zone mt-2 pedal

anyone know why this is happening =\
...Well, you should be in Drop D, DADGBE. Sounds like you might be having problems with tuning and the trem on the RG.
Gear:
Ibanez RG7321 Seven String
Epiphone Iommi Signature SG
Digitech Scott Ian Black 13
VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH
Laney 4x12 w/Celestion 50s
my chromatic korg chromatic tuner might be lying to me.. though i've had no problems with any other tuning
Lamb of God play in Drop D tuning. Simply tune your low E string down to D.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
A decent EQ for LoG is Bass: 9 Treble 9 Mid: 5 with pretty high level and a lot of distortion...

You can probably find a much better set of settings but those get relatively close...
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
A decent EQ for LoG is Bass: 9 Treble 9 Mid: 5 with pretty high level and a lot of distortion...

You can probably find a much better set of settings but those get relatively close...

That EQ sucks, especially for LoG, just doing a bit of basic google searching came up with this:

Mark Morton’s stage setup is really geared towards mastering the mids. He splits his guitar signal into two channels using a Whirlwind Selector and then runs it through two Mesa/Boogie Mark IV heads. He then sets one of the heads with the mid frequencies scooped and the other with them boosted. Before each show he and his sound tech work together to balance the two heads and get the best sounding mid frequency.

so you'll have a hard time getting his sound out of anything less than at least a decent tube amp.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
well not all lamb of god songs r in drop D, I bought the Ashes of the Wake and Laid to Rest is DADGBe tunning so...
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Quote by M_16A
well not all lamb of god songs r in drop D, I bought the Ashes of the Wake and Laid to Rest is DADGBe tunning so...

That is drop D

You = phail.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
oops didn't see that i'm a idot
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
Last edited by M_16A at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by M_16A

LOL, you phail at life.

Think before you type
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
That EQ sucks, especially for LoG, just doing a bit of basic google searching came up with this:

so you'll have a hard time getting his sound out of anything less than at least a decent tube amp.

*shrug* gets close enough for me....I wasn't talking about a dead on EQ, just something to get a similar sound.....and this is from a 50w solid state with a pedal....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
For some reason I think you're having trouble setting up the Floyd Rose, not tuning.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Some Lamb of God songs are in double drop D too.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster