Page 1 of 2
hi sorry if this is th wrong place for this, i'm just looking for answers

so i'm 17 and have been drinking occasionally for about 2 years. i never had any hangovers- ever and never had a problem/was sick. however; this summer after i really went overboard and was violently sick even a little beer gives me an upset stomach and makes me feel sick, the problem is this has been getting worse and worse each time i drink less and less. so i'm just wondering why i've started to get sick so easily and essentially become a lightweight. for example i had 2 drinks today during the superbowl and i woke up 1/2 an our ago drenched in sweat with an upset stomach and now cannot sleep. seems i cannot drink anymore whihc doesn't bother me but i just want to know why this is

thanks
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Umm... maybe your body is trying to tell you to stop drinking, because it can't handle it anymore. You gotta realize that alcohols are poisons. The alcohol that you drink is just the least toxic to the human body. It's still gonna hurt it if you overindulge though.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
males you sick?

typo, i'm typing in an akward position on my laptop

Umm... maybe your body is trying to tell you to stop drinking, because it can't handle it anymore. You gotta realize that alcohols are poisons. The alcohol that you drink is just the least toxic to the human body. It's still gonna hurt it if you overindulge though.

well i know that, i'd just like to know why
I shot JR

I could see this being a new super-bowl commercial.

"Is X beer making you sick and ruining your Super Bowl fun? Thats your body telling you that X beer is wrong for you, and you should be enjoying a fresh can of Y beer."
Why are we so wicked indecisive
Let's hit the streets with toy explosives
And let's enjoy what we have
Quote by Drmckool
typo, i'm typing in an akward position on my laptop

well i know that, i'd just like to know why

You gotta realize that alcohols are poisons. The alcohol that you drink is just the least toxic to the human body. It's still gonna hurt it if you overindulge though.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
your body recognizes something that made it sick before and it takes time to build up an immunity again. that happened to me. when i first started drinking i did shots of anything... then one night I had 1 beer, made me puke, I was a light weight for like 6 months after that.
Quote by Cobalt Blue
your body recognizes something that made it sick before and it takes time to build up an immunity again. that happened to me. when i first started drinking i did shots of anything... then one night I had 1 beer, made me puke, I was a light weight for like 6 months after that.

so basically just stop for a while, got it.
I shot JR

that happens to some people sometimes. my girlfriend got sick drinking tequila back in april and still cant drink hard liquor. my friend also drank that tequila, gets sick whenever he smells anything like tequila. i, personally, downed the remaining half of that same bottle (it was like 17 year old cuervo) and was doing great, friggin lightweights.

switch to different type of booze essentially
dont take any guff from these bastards man

Quote by Fenderhippie69
I only smoke when I've been drinking and I only drink when I've been smoking.
Quote by spiderjerusalem

switch to different type of booze essentially

it all makes me sick
I shot JR

Quote by Diamond Dave
probably blew out your liver or something

Wouldn't he be dead?

Maybe alcohol poisoning?
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
oh one more thing, here's the kicker, i can drink not enough to even get tippsy and still be sick and not sleep all night
I shot JR

since beer is king, then it sounds like you're in a tough spot
try drinking liquor and see if that does the same thing. it wouldn't be an ulcer, because you'd probably have pain from anything, not just beer.
Quote by metal_dan
since beer is king, then it sounds like you're in a tough spot
try drinking liquor and see if that does the same thing. it wouldn't be an ulcer, because you'd probably have pain from anything, not just beer.

i misspoke, i cannot drink anything at all
I shot JR

You probably have an ulcer, or your liver is f***ed. Take a break for a while man...
Bought for a few pennies
Now you're all just empty
Fucking soulless machines
RIP YOU APART!!!

-All Shall Perish

Quote by SOADwannabe
You probably have an ulcer, or your liver is f***ed. Take a break for a while man...

good point, any tips on how to calm down my stomach right now so i can get some sleep

here's my current problem i feel near fine untill i get into bed and then it gets bad, i get up and ifeel better and so on, all i need currently is to just sleep for another 5 hours and push my way through tommorow, then i quit cold turkey and start treating my body right
I shot JR

Last edited by Drmckool at Feb 4, 2008,
Get to the doctor as soon as possible. The same thing happened to me a couple years back and it turned out that i needed a liver transplant. Another year and i'd be dead, and you will be too if you don't go to a doctor.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Yeah dude after my first semester of college, I can't stand the taste of vodka anymore, so I'm switching to whiskey, rum and weed(not necessarily at once, but when available).
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Beer did that huh? I'm the same way with hard liquor, went overboard a few times and now my body instantly rejects anything where you can really taste the alcohol, so now all I drink is beer.

Your body just remembers stuff, and it's telling you to stop, if you do wanna keep drinking you have to find some alcoholic beverage that tastes totally different and just drink that.
You have alcoholic gastritis. It's what I have. Essentially, your liver is too damaged and it'll probably be some months or years before you can drink again.
Sucks eh?
His liver isn't messed up you morons. He is 17 years old and hasn't drank heavily. It is probably just in your mind you just need to get over the memories of puking last time you drank.
yeah dude, i used to be able to drink rum like NOTHIN' then one night, i got extremly ****TY DUDES and straight up was pukin all over n ****. now I can't even SMELL rum or my stomach is like UGHGHHGH STOP!!! it's been about 4 or 5 months also.

so now i just drink beer and whiskey.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
maybe its some kind of Clockwork Orange type thing. like, you got sick one time after drinking too much, and now your brain associates that sickness with any kind of alcohol, just as a way to protect itself. but then again, that could all be bs science anyway, all i know is that that book rocked. how do you feel about beethoven's fifth movement?

rock on droogie
I have no opinion on this matter.
There's your problem, you should be drinking old jack instead, don't know what you're doing with beer.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Probably allergic to the stuff, my mates allergic to red wine for instance, he had one bottle and had to get an ambulance over to take him to hospital, it was fantastic.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
Consider yourself lucky. Alcohol is more abused than anything else I know of.

Except my socks.
Quote by Durell, spelt like Derrell but pronounced Durell
Can I get yo beautiful ass numba?
Likelyhood of liver damage = pretty low... but who knows? Maybe there is some weird predisposition to it. Hell, 15 year old kids have strokes and heart attacks... More than likely it's psychosomatic (I haven't been able to drink tequila/anything with tequila in it/anything that even smells like it for years now, so trust me... the **** does happen) but if problems start rearing up WHEN YOU ARE NOT DRINKING you probably should talk to a doctor.
Page 1 of 2