Page 1 of 2
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
I'm heading to Boston on the tenth.

Gotta get myself a Guy Fawkes mask...if anyone is thinking of joining the cause...go for it.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
im in fresno, ca
no church of sci here or id definitely join up

ive got too much school stuff to travel for an0n
Quote by WickedBeast666
Noooooooooooo how could this be! he at all the chocolate in the box
Oh well, now the empty shell of what used to be chocolaty goodness can contain a tasty guitar circuit.

speaking of my homemade pedal
I support it 100%, but unfortunatly, being underage b& in the extreme, I won't be able to participate in the picketing.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

If you resist change, you will be here forever.
Yup, going to the Dublin one, been handing out a load of posters and stuff for the last week or so.
UG's Yellow Ranger

Quote by dullsilver_mike
What does anon want to do next, put all the scientologists into camps?

That, or worse.
PSN Gamertag: XD75
There's one literally right down from the street from me here in Austin, but I don't think I'll be going.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
no im not keeping up with it i saw the first one though. but its getting alittle out of control. i mean i hate scientology, but its getting really real for me, this one church of scientology, in tustin, Ca, down like 2 blocks from my school had all of these police officers and firemen (the station was 3 buildings down) there because some one had sent a letter with an "unknown substance" to them, it wasnt anything serious, but it kinda freaked me o, not because im one of them just alittle to close to home for me, and i was thinking "i bet has something to do with that video" it was really creepy, then afew days ago i heard some rumors around my school talking about a shooting at the place, now it didnt really happen, but still even if they are crazy thats no reason to kill them.

EDIT: i do really hate the religion, i just dont think we should hurt them in any way, just protest and prove them wrong, stand up and argue against it when someone is for it, thats what i've been doing at my school for like 3 years.
Last edited by aaron6890 at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I still don't understand why everyone is so happy to attack other people's religion no matter how goofy it seems. What does anon want to do next, put all the scientologists into camps?

It's not a religion, is a pyramid scheme, that's why we're attacking it like we are.
We've drained full confession booths, polluted drinking wells with our repentances, and then stood grinning with our arms around the shoulder of a rotting child.

There's a Church of Scientology in St. Louis. It's close to the Hare Krishna church. I've been to both, and I've always wanted to see the Hare Krishna's start a brawl with the Scientologists, just because it would be pretty funny.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by NorfIrIon
It's not a religion, is a pyramid scheme, that's why we're attacking it like we are.

ok a pyramid scheme (read ORGANIZED religion). People can believe in and give money to whatever cause they want. Almost all churches ask for money and people can choose to pay them if they wish. I know you're going to argue that scientology requires its followers to pay rather than asks, but I think the fact that it is potential member's choice remains the same.

Scientology propaganda can't be any worse than Christian missionary tactics in the developing world: "Ok we're here to fix your village (in such a way that your're still not self-sifficient and dependent on us) now start worshiping Jesus the way we tell you to!"

edit* I'm going to call this "anti-sci-matism" from now on. All you antiscimites are just spreading the hate.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by dullsilver_mike
What does anon want to do next, put all the scientologists into camps?

That would be the second installment of our Grand Master Scheme.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
ok a pyramid scheme (read ORGANIZED religion). People can believe in and give money to whatever cause they want. Almost all churches ask for money and people can choose to pay them if they wish. I know you're going to argue that scientology requires its followers to pay rather than asks, but I think the fact that it is potential member's choice remains the same.

Scientology propaganda can't be any worse than Christian missionary tactics in the developing world: "Ok we're here to fix your village (in such a way that your're still not self-sifficient and dependent on us) now start worshiping Jesus the way we tell you to!"

edit* I'm going to call this "anti-sci-matism" from now on. All you antiscimites are just spreading the hate.

I think the fact that there have been dozens of deaths and circumstances of extortion associated with this "church" warrants a further look inside Scientology. And no, I don't give a shit whether the Catholic Church or Christianity or Islam has done the same thing throughout history, it's still wrong, and it's still happening now. Those things are more or less irrelevant.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Last edited by Dirtydeeds468 at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I still don't understand why everyone is so happy to attack other people's religion no matter how goofy it seems. What does anon want to do next, put all the scientologists into camps?

You obviously have no idea what goes on in that so called "religion".

They are a cult purely out to make money at the expense of others.
If they want to believe in xeno and all that, I'm cool with it, I have NO problem with other peoples beliefs, but having said that, when their ACTIONS harm others I feel it's time to take a stand.
UG's Yellow Ranger

Quote by dullsilver_mike

As far as I know, God never set out to make money, he set out to make good people, how others interpret that is up to them, however, Hubbard did (Set out to make money).
The two 'religions' are a million miles apart from eachother, one has people who take things the wrong way all the damn time, and make it all look aweful, the other teaches people to be aweful (More or less).
Also, Anon hates Christfags, too (One of them right here, in b4 Christians giving me sh*t), just so you know.

Last edited by NorfIrIon at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by aaron6890
did you guys realize that this is really getting serious, check it out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Chanology , kinda scary if you ask me, i dont want to die in the crossfire.

lol @ DDoS attacks being "hate crimes"

Quote by NorfIrIon
Also, Anon hates Christfags, too (One of them right here, in b4 Christians giving me sh*t), just so you know.

Not really, there are plenty Christfags on *chan.

(also everyone note that ___fag isn't necessesarily derogatory...more ehhh a term of endearment?)
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Quote by Serideth
You obviously have no idea what goes on in that so called "religion".

They are a cult purely out to make money at the expense of others.
If they want to believe in xeno and all that, I'm cool with it, I have NO problem with other peoples beliefs, but having said that, when their ACTIONS harm others I feel it's time to take a stand.

Well I'm sure I haven't done as much research as some of you antiscimites, but I've spent a few hours looking up sciontology at least, and did so long before all this anon crap started happening.

I think almost all of the mainstream religions are causing serious problems in the world today that is they commit "ACTIONS [which] harm others" I reiterate on the actual destructive and counter productive activities of many christian missionaries, and then we can think about all the political (military and terroristic) trouble world wide that mainstream religions are partially to blame for today.

I'm just saying take a step back and think, esotericism and initiation is part of their religious ritual. Would we attack Muslim's rituals like yelling from a tower, or christian's rituals like eating what you believe is some guys flesh and blood?

It is religous intolerance no matter how you try to hide it. I think people just get kicks out of watching anon be dicks to people so they try to justify it by making up some excuses about the money the religion makes. We live in the western world, every single person around us is trying to get our money 24 hours a day. I'm not saying it's right, but why don't you start attacking every capitalist institution and every church that makes more money than it needs to survive if you're going to pick on little scientology.
There's one in Sydney, I hope I'll be able to get there but that is very unlikely.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Well I'm sure I haven't done as much research as some of you antiscimites, but I've spent a few hours looking up sciontology at least, and did so long before all this anon crap started happening.

I think almost all of the mainstream religions are causing serious problems in the world today that is they commit "ACTIONS [which] harm others" I reiterate on the actual destructive and counter productive activities of many christian missionaries, and then we can think about all the political (military and terroristic) trouble world wide that mainstream religions are partially to blame for today.

I'm just saying take a step back and think, esotericism and initiation is part of their religious ritual. Would we attack Muslim's rituals like yelling from a tower, or christian's rituals like eating what you believe is some guys flesh and blood?

It is religous intolerance no matter how you try to hide it. I think people just get kicks out of watching anon be dicks to people so they try to justify it by making up some excuses about the money the religion makes. We live in the western world, every single person around us is trying to get our money 24 hours a day. I'm not saying it's right, but why don't you start attacking every capitalist institution and every church that makes more money than it needs to survive if you're going to pick on little scientology.

First off, yeah, we're pretty much justs dicks, I'll be one to admit it, but that doesn't mean we do things just for the lulz, or just to be evil, manipulative dicks.
Most politicians use Christianity as a cruch, as do alot of corperations, because it's been the most popular religion, and most people respect and like the ideals, that does not mean that peoples' actions (As I said in the previous post) reflect the idealisms of the religion it's self, in Scientology, these actions are taught as the standard, people don't misinterpret them as bad, they simply are bad, which is why people don't attack something like Christianity (Which they do, by the way, in case you haven't been noticing how hated we are by the public), in the Bible, it doesn't say to go out and just be greedy little assholes that murder and steal (Not saying Scientology does, per se), if it did, it obviously wouldn't be as popular as it is right now.

ok so i found this http://www.ocregister.com/news/powder-church-strain-1970259-scientology-cornstarch the tustin one its refering to is like right down the street from my school. dont know if i'll go to the protest, if anon is involved in this i probibly wont because the police would get involved. tustin is a quite place, and doesnt care much for protests. but i do support the cause so i might have to go and cheer them on or something, that is if they are there.
Quote by NorfIrIon
As far as I know, God never set out to make money, he set out to make good people, how others interpret that is up to them, however, Hubbard did (Set out to make money).
The two 'religions' are a million miles apart from eachother, one has people who take things the wrong way all the damn time, and make it all look aweful, the other teaches people to be aweful (More or less).

ok, your response is premised on the idea that God made the organized Christian church (which is actually hundreds of churches many of which find the others heretical or doing something other than what god intended). That issue is very much up for depate amongst contemporary Christians and theologians of all types but is for the religion thread so please leave it out of this discussion. Your statement also functions on the assumption that the Christianity is indeed God's church and the one true faith.

It's fine to believe that, but you can't take that attitude when having a discussion about multiple religions because you can't discuss a point that isn't open to counter argument. So please take a different angle if you are going to write something that others can properly respond to. I'm not being disrespectful, I'm just saying you have to do certain things to make discussion work, and revoking absolutes that aren't physically or philosophically provable is one of them.

If everyone carried the assumption that Christianity was the one true faith going into an argument you could start there, but I don't think that's likely the case here in the pit discussing multiple religions so please recognize you're underlying assumptions and set them aside from the discussion.

That said, I agree that the two churches are a million miles apart, but I think there are equall problems with both, even if both don't have equal redeeming values. I also think that people's love of their own church is making them extra biggoted toward the beliefs of scientology. I mean sure to one person transubstantiation seems perfectly acceptible and to another space aliens and travel seems just as likely. Can you see how, based on the laws of sciene the latter is actually more realistic than the former? We can't call their beliefs silly because they don't make sense to us, that is what faith is about right?

edit* I know you weren't attacking their beliefs, but I thought that point would need to come up in this discussion within the next few posts anyway lol. The ritual thing though still stands and is part of their belief structure.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Feb 4, 2008,
Quote by dullsilver_mike

I'm hopin they cruisify tom cruise just because hes the "jesus of scientology"
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Quote by NorfIrIon
First off, yeah, we're pretty much justs dicks, I'll be one to admit it, but that doesn't mean we do things just for the lulz, or just to be evil, manipulative dicks.
Most politicians use Christianity as a cruch, as do alot of corperations, because it's been the most popular religion, and most people respect and like the ideals, that does not mean that peoples' actions (As I said in the previous post) reflect the idealisms of the religion it's self, in Scientology, these actions are taught as the standard, people don't misinterpret them as bad, they simply are bad, which is why people don't attack something like Christianity (Which they do, by the way, in case you haven't been noticing how hated we are by the public), in the Bible, it doesn't say to go out and just be greedy little assholes that murder and steal (Not saying Scientology does, per se), if it did, it obviously wouldn't be as popular as it is right now.

That's a fair point, but I want to know what these actions actually are, Please list some of them. That's what I'm curious about. I've heard of a few supposedly "accidental" deaths, but that currently happens in most religions despite their proported ideals, so we can't assume that that is part of scientology's ideals either. You admit scientology doesn't say this "per se." so what are the explicit teachings of scientology that are creating bad people in the world?

If it's implicit incidental teachings, or perhaps teachings directed by some corrupt official, I don't think that any other western religion gets off scott free either. Since you have all read the complete works of L. Ron Hubbard please tell me what these evil ideals embodied in his teachings, and carried out by the followers of his church.

Give me a good list and maybe I'll change my mind.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
That's a fair point, but I want to know what these actions actually are, Please list some of them. That's what I'm curious about. I've heard of a few supposedly "accidental" deaths, but that currently happens in most religions despite their proported ideals, so we can't assume that that is part of scientology's ideals either. You admit scientology doesn't say this "per se." so what are the explicit teachings of scientology that are creating bad people in the world?

If it's implicit incidental teachings, or perhaps teachings directed by some corrupt official, I don't think that any other western religion gets off scott free either. Since you have all read the complete works of L. Ron Hubbard please tell me what these evil ideals embodied in his teachings, and carried out by the followers of his church.

Give me a good list and maybe I'll change my mind.

Anyone who speaks out about Scientology (for example, making a documentary that doesn't kiss it's arse, trying to get a friend or family member to leave the church, anything publicly expressing that they don't like Scientology) is 'fair game'. This means Scientologists are told to destroy them in any way possible. They're told to look wherever they can for incriminating information about this person, and make it public. They're told to blackmail them, threaten them, spy on them, follow them around, even physically harm them if necessary.

They advertise themselves as anything they can (a church, a self help/rehab program, a philosophy, a science, a career, etc) to get followers. These followers are literally brainwashed into thinking that the church can do no wrong, and they are made to spend thousands of dollars a year to pay for self help programs that do not work. They only tell these people the true beliefs behind Scientology (that bad feelings are caused by alien ghosts hiding inside us) when they are completely brainwashed and will not doubt it for a second.

They're just two of the most well known things, there's websites with a lot more. www.xenu.net and http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/ have some.
Quote by killedbyaspork
I'm hopin they cruisify tom cruise just because hes the "jesus of scientology"

That would be so awesome, also @ "cruisify".

I know a guy that's going, he tried to get me to go, but I can't and won't.
..is a girl
Quote by RPGoof
WAT
How about just send a ship at the speed up light directly to the sun, and the gravity will pull it towards the sun, thus speeding it over the speed of light.

Quote by whalepudding
Anyone who speaks out about Scientology (for example, making a documentary that doesn't kiss it's arse, trying to get a friend or family member to leave the church, anything publicly expressing that they don't like Scientology) is 'fair game'. This means Scientologists are told to destroy them in any way possible. They're told to look wherever they can for incriminating information about this person, and make it public. They're told to blackmail them, threaten them, spy on them, follow them around, even physically harm them if necessary.

They advertise themselves as anything they can (a church, a self help/rehab program, a philosophy, a science, a career, etc) to get followers. These followers are literally brainwashed into thinking that the church can do no wrong, and they are made to spend thousands of dollars a year to pay for self help programs that do not work. They only tell these people the true beliefs behind Scientology (that bad feelings are caused by alien ghosts hiding inside us) when they are completely brainwashed and will not doubt it for a second.

They're just two of the most well known things, there's websites with a lot more. www.xenu.net and http://theunfunnytruth.ytmnd.com/ have some.

Ok, but you're not meeting my request, please give me some evidence that their doctrines teach these ideas, it's prety easy to say that they do without providing some textual evidence. And please don't send me to .com and .net websites unless it is the official scientology one or of an organization already well established in the real world for objective investigation.

Now I know you're absolutely right about the deceptive recruitment listed in your second paragraph. But I don't see how that's really any different from a lot of the tactics used in modern christian evangilism. I've seen christian organizations with evangelical intent pose as "self help/rehab program, a philosophy, a science, a career, etc." I could be wrong, but I assume other mainstream religions do the same thing as well.

WHile AA is religous and not insanely pushy, most people don't know it's part of a religous program when joining, other similar rehab programs are much more extreme in their ulterior motive of evangilism. Every day on the campus I work on I see a handful of flyers for events that are seemingly advertised as secular. Hidden in small print at the very bottom will be the names of churches or organizations like CCC, navigators, etc. When I've gone to these events for things like: volleyball, or film study, really anything, the hosts have turned the entire event into an overt attempt to deligitimize other people's religous beliefs and to grill non-member attendees in an attempt to get them to join the church and the group.

SO, once again, I'm not saying what scientology does is right, I'm saying (for this specific example) it does the EXACT same thing as other mainstream churches. If you're going to take a critical look at it and attack it, you should stop being a hypocrite and do the same thing to other churches and to other social structures. Also, I could be wrong, but I doubt you are a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist, so forgive me for not simply taking your word that the members are "completely brainwashed" Oh wait, psychologists can't even agree on exactly what that term means. And again, you can't bring the apparent goofiness of their beliefs into the argument with a statement like that because every western religion requires people to believe in something that is physically impossible and downright bizzare, that is a matter of faith and if you attack one religion because of it, you better attack them all.

I'm getting tired of playing the devils advocate on this issue but I wish people would see that they are holding this specific organized religion to a double standard. It's good to put a critical magnifying glass over things because that's how we learn, but you won't learn anything if you can only point it in one direction. Just because something is long standing and more engrained in society doesn't make it any less destructive than the lastest media scare.
They got to my uni.

Someone stuck up little posters about the place calling scientologists murderers and such with a little signature saying 'Anonymous'

I don't think anyone's realised, no one pays any attention to all the signs stuck up.

I wonder if the person who stuck them up realises that there are CCTV cameras all over the building, lol.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I'm going to be protesting in Toronto I got my Guy Fawkes mask yesterday and most of my fliers. Also I would like to say that I'm not against Scientology itself, you can believe whatever you want just so long as it doesn't affect me directly or indirectly. However what I do have a problem with is the 'Church' of Scientology they are a bunch of corrupt, religious bigots. The 10th isn't to oppose/protest Scientology its to raise awareness of the evil deeds and lies the church has spread and continues to spread by means of a cult masquerading as a religion.

Anon however I do not think will take violent action against the church they love wise beard man and will listen to him and his words. I hope that they do what he has told them to do which is protest peacefully and legally. Hopefully they will stick with this cause as I am as well prepared to do so. So on a final note although I would like to get rid of Scientology altogether it would be better for everyone and moving towards religious tolerance if what we see from this is a reformed Church of Scientology where they hopefully have good morals and are not in it to cash in on peoples lives and money.

But thats just my 2 cents.
I would go, but i've got Iron Maiden the night before, and i'm pretty sure the closest church of scientology building is in Sydney, so i'm not willing to waste my whole day to go back there to protest.
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Stop including your self in Anon in a place where you're not anon, that destroys the whole idea of unstoppable leigon.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
Ok, but you're not meeting my request, please give me some evidence that their doctrines teach these ideas, it's prety easy to say that they do without providing some textual evidence. And please don't send me to .com and .net websites unless it is the official scientology one or of an organization already well established in the real world for objective investigation.

Xenu.net has things written by ex-Scientologists, I think it's pretty reliable. The official Scientology site won't say anything that could give them a bad image, that's only for the brainwashed people, not the general public.

Here's the wikipedia article on fair game:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Game_(Scientology)

Here's some quotes from the 'fair game policy'. A 'suppressive person' is a very broad term basically meaning someone opposed to Scientology and Hubbard's teachings.

A Suppressive Person or Group becomes fair game. By FAIR GAME is meant, may not be further protected by the codes and disciplines or the rights of a Scientologist.
-Suppressive Acts - Suppression of Scientology and Scientologists - The Fair Game Law

ENEMY — SP (Supressive Person) Order. Fair game. May be deprived of property or injured by any means by any Scientologist without any discipline of the Scientologist. May be tricked, sued or lied to or destroyed.
-HCOPL 18 October 67 Issue IV, Penalties for Lower Conditions

As for the brainwashing people, there's nothing really about that in official Scientology books since obviously they don't want them to know they're being brainwashed. The only place to really find out about that is from ex-Scientologists.
Last edited by whalepudding at Feb 5, 2008,
Quote by NorfIrIon

Oh please. Cut the god ****. Christianity has it's greedy leaders too. God isn't the one running the churches or the missionaries. Open your eyes.
^That's true, but I think they're just greedy people and Christianity is not actually a greedy organisation itself. You buy a bible, you have Christianity right there, everything else is just enterpretation of that Bible. You can be a Christian and not have to pay more than that 15 dollars or whatever that you payed for that Bible.

I am not a Christian at all, by the way. I'm not trying to say that no-one has ever used Christianity for greedy purposes, but there is a huge difference between what they've done and what Scientology's done.
Last edited by whalepudding at Feb 5, 2008,
Page 1 of 2