My band just recorded a couple of tunes. We play melodic hardcore/deathcore, with really intense breakdowns and synths and orchestral effects. We're currently working on some newer material, which in my opinion is 100 times better, so be prepared for some breakdowns rivaling that of Born of Osiris and extremely technical compositions. Any comments are welcome.

Check out our myspace!
Last edited by 6_6_6_1_syn at Feb 6, 2008,
mountain lions eat snow is good and has a fast tempo, the vocals are good on the higher parts but the low growls dont quite sound right.

jank a hurricane of dipcore has the guitars and bass way to quiet that i cant here them.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
holy ****tttt
that is some amazing brutal **** right there bro
****. im blown away
can i add you to my bands myspace?
Quote by yawn
There are most certainly not the same thing. They share the same notes, but then again a hamburger and vomit could share the same molecular composition.

Need a laugh?

Quote by GeneralGrim
Lmao. You, sir, just made my year.
Quote by metallicafan616
mountain lions eat snow is good and has a fast tempo, the vocals are good on the higher parts but the low growls dont quite sound right.

jank a hurricane of dipcore has the guitars and bass way to quiet that i cant here them.

Yeah they were just pretty quick recordings but thanks for the feedback. We'll take any advice for when we record the new material. Our vocalist was actually sick that day, so that's probably why the vocals are a little off. The songs are actually called Mountain Lions Can Even Eat Small Children and Jank: A Hurricane of Dipcore but Myspace won't let us type them correctly. Thanks for the suggestions dude.

P.S. You gotta give us some credit though...we're only 14. Hahaha.

Quote by robbo_0013
holy ****tttt
that is some amazing brutal **** right there bro
****. im blown away
can i add you to my bands myspace?

Haha thanks dude. Sure you can add us. We're trying to promote ourselves anyway.

:]
the musicianship is sick, the arrangements too, but the vocals just detract from the overrall vibe of some parts. there's just too much of it - maybe if it were a bit sparser and maybe had some clean melodic parts to balance out a la opeth I would say it's spot on.
Idlefolk
Epiphone Elitist Les Paul
Lotus Telecaster copy w/ Fender pickups
Epiphone Valve Junior
Ibanez Tubescreamer, EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Digitech Metal Master, DigiDelay
Crybaby Wah
Thanks for the feedback dude. We'll probably turn the guitar/bass volume up when we record two new songs this weekend. We'll also have a few more melodic sections in the new songs, with our screamer and a guest vocalist both singing.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone, and also for the advice and suggestions.

Mountain Lions...:
The vocals are pretty brutal for a 14 year old. Some of the higher notes remind me of the guy from Refused. I don't really like the whole screaming vocal style but some of it is actually really good. Musically the song is pretty good. It's really tight which is a good sign. Some of the synth sounds are alright. What do you use? I like the way the song ends.

Jank a Hurricane...:
The intro drums are cool, and I quite like the breakdown where there's 2 vocal takes. Overall some good riffs on guitar.

What I like about you is the songs aren't overly long, which can happen in a band like this. Not my style at all, but there were many positives in listening to a tight young band. It sounds like you'll make an impact on the 'scene' you're in so keep going.

Have a listen to my stuff?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=778600
it really reminded me of born of osiris. haha. that isn't a bad thing, by the way. you guys are all fourteen? that's incredible. keep it up! i'd recommend a better recording, and getting it mixed and mastered well because it makes a huge difference in this style of music.

crit mine? it isn't mixed or anything but tell me what you think.
http://www.soundclick.com/carsonplunkett

peace
Thanks for everything guys. I do have to clear one thing up though. We're not all fourteen hahah. Our vocalist is 16, and our drummer and bassist are older, although on these recordings specifically, all of the music was done by me, our guitarist, and vocalist. I'll check out the links once my computer starts working correctly, or I'll resort to using my other computer (piece of ****).

Fleaflicker182...On these recordings for the synth sections I used my midi keyboard into a few different VST Plugins I have (Edirol Orchestral, NativeInstruments, etc.). Hopefully I'll have an Alesis Micron to use soon :]

Carsonplunkett...Born of Osiris is by far our biggest influence. We're trying for some better recordings, but we probably won't studio record until the 'home studio' completely falls apart. Hopefully we'll get things sounding slightly better for the new recordings this weekend.

Thanks again!
Yeah I use presets. I'm pretty new to synths and I would have gotten more in-depth with it if our recordings weren't so rushed haha. I figure I'll start using custom patches one I get my Micron, or maybe I'll try something new this weekend.
overall impressive if you cou could give the synth some more punch i think that would kick it up a notch
Hmm...a lot of the responses seem to be about the synth. I guess I'll work with it more next recording session. Thanks for the help guys.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like there's a little Dark Lunacy influence in there, especially in the "feel the echoes of my remains" part of Jank. A little too much of the typical hardcore-type riffs in there for my taste, but the production and performance on both of these recordings is very good. I like how you guys mix it up every now and then with a little bit of prog-type stuff in there.

Crit me here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=12681515#post12681515
Quote by 6_6_6_1_syn
Yeah they were just pretty quick recordings but thanks for the feedback. We'll take any advice for when we record the new material. Our vocalist was actually sick that day, so that's probably why the vocals are a little off. The songs are actually called Mountain Lions Can Even Eat Small Children and Jank: A Hurricane of Dipcore but Myspace won't let us type them correctly. Thanks for the suggestions dude.

P.S. You gotta give us some credit though...we're only 14. Hahaha.

Haha thanks dude. Sure you can add us. We're trying to promote ourselves anyway.

im 13, have an ear for tone and mistake so no-one wants me in a band coz i push them too hard =/

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
I'm lovin the Mountain Lions one, could you PM me a link to it I can download.
Quote by bben
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like there's a little Dark Lunacy influence in there, especially in the "feel the echoes of my remains" part of Jank. A little too much of the typical hardcore-type riffs in there for my taste, but the production and performance on both of these recordings is very good. I like how you guys mix it up every now and then with a little bit of prog-type stuff in there.

Crit me here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...15#post12681515

Actually, none of us had even heard of Dark Lunacy until you mentioned them haha. Thanks for the kind words. When we get our new material up, you should check it out because its slightly more progressive and slightly less typical hardcore. I'll crit yours ASAP.

Quote by metallicafan616
im 13, have an ear for tone and mistake so no-one wants me in a band coz i push them too hard =/

I used to be the same way. I realized I was only in my old band for the money and to be 'cool.' Now I play music because I love it, and I try not to pay attention to mistakes anymore.

Quote by Slay 'Em
I'm lovin the Mountain Lions one, could you PM me a link to it I can download.

PM sent. Our songs are available for free download on our SoundClick page.

http://www.soundclick.com/whatsleftofher

Quote by StealthyHayze
Both awsome songs, def turn your guitar volume up. Btw the singing is sick

Thanks man. I actually just went back and remixed both songs. Hopefully the new mixes will be posted along with the two new songs this weekend. For now, the mixes are both available on our PureVolume page, as well as our SoundClick page for free download.