I am looking for a metal song with one of the most fascinating intros ever,but I just can't remember the title or the band,as it's been years!A heavy metal band with a kinda long name(obviously).The song started with an acoustic/clean electric sort of intro(sounded like a whole bunch of guitars playing),then came the power metal ,and finally the outro,same melody as the intro,making it seem as though it was playing on under the heavy parts through the whole song.(I realise this may be a desperate request,but if any1 has any hints whatsoever,please do tell.Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place,but I've just joined and can't my find my way around yet.)
should be in tab talk but hey, don't worry about it.
No idea what you're talking about hough sorry lol
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Dang, I hate when you like a song then you don't know the name and you can't listen to it again
Quote by Bartleby
i tune to drop-Z and string my guitar with barbed wire.

Quote by UncleCthulhu
we r all rlaeted bcuz teh bibel sez so we r al innbreads lolo

Prime Minister of Puppets of The Australia FTW Club

One of The 9 Winners of the Official 5th MOD Contest
hey im new as well. just joined and i dont even know how to post threads
anyways back to that song
umm maybe something by bullet for my valentine?
I'm almost 100% positive it was not a Metallica song,but I'll check the rest of your suggestions.It wasn't the metal parts that fascinated me,just the intro.I'm guessing it's not a notorious band,otherwise I would recall the name.
Last edited by Shadowolf at Feb 4, 2008,
Cemetery Gates?

*moved*
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Blind Guardian - Mordred's Song???
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Yeah, To Live Is To Die sounds quite likely, but to be honest there's so many things that it could be that you could be searching for a looooong time Any idea where you first heard it?
'twas at least 5 years ago,and dammit it's eating me up!Well,I guess it's fine to have lost a melody,the idea of something I can't quite remember and might never find.To Live Is To Die has indeed a quite neat intro though.
Did the intro happen to sound like a drill or something?
bree bree look how fucking metal i am
Shadows Fall?
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Hallowed Be Thy Name-Iron Maiden?
Look at my avatar and tell me it ain't the cutest baby you've ever seen.
Quote by RockerPseudonym
Shadows Fall?

I beleive you would be referencing The Light that Blinds or Those Who Cannot Speak but the outro doesn't end the same way as the intro in either of those songs.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
I was thinking either Metallica - Battery, or Machine Head - Clenching the Fists of Dissent
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Record yourself humming the tune or something and post a link to it. I think we're all as lost as you with the small amount of clues you gave us.
Fear of the Dark by Iron Maiden maybe? I don't really listen to power metal much so that's the closest I can think of that fits your description.
Quote by guitar?

BTW do not say n-i-g-g-e-r. I know some one who said lets go buy some snickers and some black guy punched him in the face.
Neither of the abovementioned Iron Maiden songs,it couldn't have been such a famous band,I would've remembered.Damn,I am one step before recording a humming(lol!),but I cannot catch it on the guitar.Sorry if I am waisting your time here,but I din't know where else to turn.Besides, I'm discovering some quite great song intros here.Thanks for your replies evry1,if u have any more suggestions please post.
Seems to me a lot of the people in this thread now are just listing songs with clean intros. It needs to end with the same thing it started with, guys, read the first post.

But yeah, what subgenre is falls into would help a lot.
Can you remember any lyrics, vocal style, song length, or even figure out one of the main riffs in power chords then post a tab or recording?

The more you remember, the more likely it is that someone can give you the name.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
im with the guy that said blood on our lips by sodom
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
so you want a metal song with a cool acoustic intro, and melody? thanks, that really narrows it down.

opeth comes to mind, sounds like half of their songs.
How long is the song?
The clock strikes midnight
When tomorrow and today collide
The moon is at its highest
And the twilight seems fitting
For in these moments
The light at the end of the world
Shines like a thousand suns....

Victor Gutierrez
Quote by diablo_man

opeth comes to mind, sounds like half of their songs.

Quote by Shadowolf
then came the power metal

I can't recall a time when Opeth sounded anything like Power Metal.
Quote by guitar?

BTW do not say n-i-g-g-e-r. I know some one who said lets go buy some snickers and some black guy punched him in the face.
Sadness and Hate by Wintersun?
"Ultimate"-Guitar is the worst website on the internet. Polluted with unintelligent mongoloids.
maybe Dream Theater ? Ensiferum have also loads of accoustic intros/outros and they're quite melodic. Or Annihilator ?
Oh my God!That was it!To live is to die!When kenan suggested it I was in a really loud place and couldn't hear it right,so I told my friend to look it up and he confirmed it.That was the song we heard some years ago from some other guy's record.It appears he had messed the tracks and placed a Metallica song into another band's cd,whose name I couldn't remember.That's why I was looking for a not so famous band,Metallica would have been the last I'd check!I find it hard to believe they'd written an intro better than One and Nothing Else Matters but it turns out they did.Thanks a million for all your posts,I learned of some quite interesting songs.
I dont like the intro to one or nothing else matters... The intro to live is to die is awesome.
Quote by powerhead
Mentallica, i think you just made my drive shank crank

Quote by beadhangingOne

You sir, are a true hero.

Quote by silversoulcage
Dude, seriously, you're an ass hole. That place where **** comes out, yea that's you man.