Page 1 of 2
dudes, i found out recently that if u sign up to facebook, in the part where u agree to terms and conditions... ur signing over everything you put up there.

i'll explain.

Say you have a band (which everybody does obviously) and u put ur own music on the band's facebook page then facebook owns that song. Then if u try to make money out of the song and facebook hears, then u get sued... big time.

Just thort u guys should know in case you think of makin a facebook for ur band,
cheers.
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
dudes, i found out recently that if u sign up to facebook, in the part where u agree to terms and conditions... ur signing over everything you put up there.

i'll explain.

Say you have a band (which everybody does obviously) and u put ur own music on the band's facebook page then facebook owns that song. Then if u try to make money out of the song and facebook hears, then u get sued... big time.

Just thort u guys should know in case you think of makin a facebook for ur band,
cheers.

Oh rearry?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
Oh rearry?

I raff I ruse?
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Quote by terrencemaddox
I raff I ruse?

You ruse a rife and your have to resta.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by terrencemaddox
I raff I ruse?

I was still in until this post.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
It's a myth. I've heard the same thing of MySpace, and neither is actually true.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Unless you actually own the song first, of course.

Mail your songs to yourself. Instant copyright. How they gonna sue you for something you owned first?
Quote by raise_the_dead
I wouldnt be surprised if the first thing Varg did was sign up for WoW so he could kick some Judeo-Christian ass.

Final Fantasy

Cid Highwind of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by AwesomeDrummer
its perfectly legal becoz ur signing that u agree to it when u sign up.

Yeah its legal, but still...thats shady.
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34

....Also, the Death cover of Painkiller and Silence Calls the Storm by Quo Vadis allow me to pour bricks from my anus.
Quote by RNRSoldier
It's a myth. I've heard the same thing of MySpace, and neither is actually true.

Read their terms of service....Im no lawyer, but from the sounds of things, it really does sound like they are making you give them full rights to everything you submit.
Quote by Rust_in_Peace34

....Also, the Death cover of Painkiller and Silence Calls the Storm by Quo Vadis allow me to pour bricks from my anus.
Quote by punk_metal
Ja Reary!

I fully support your cause.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Holy ****, nevermind. I just read their terms of service and he's right. It explicitly says that Facebook owns any user content you submit.
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
Technically they only own it for as long as you are a facebook user and have your stuff on our profile. If you delete everything and delete your account than they can't use it.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
It's not true. Both myspace and facebook have parts in their terms of use where all material you put on the site still belongs to its original owner. If it was the other way around like you're saying it is, you could put up like...say...a Metallica song and then facebook would own the copyright to that, which is illegal and against their own rules. It's bullshit. Do some research first my friend.
Quote by Magero
It's not true. Both myspace and facebook have parts in their terms of use where all material you put on the site still belongs to its original owner. If it was the other way around like you're saying it is, you could put up like...say...a Metallica song and then facebook would own the copyright to that, which is illegal and against their own rules. It's bullshit. Do some research first my friend.

MySpace does, Facebook is different. It owns all "user content", which it says must be original.
El Gearo:

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by RockerPseudonym

Mail your songs to yourself. Instant copyright. How they gonna sue you for something you owned first?

Can you explain how this works? Because I've been told to do this for a lot of stuff but how do you 'own' it if you send it to yourself?
Quote by RockerPseudonym

My music business professor told me that mailing your songs isn't a very good way to prove copyright. Maybe that's incorrect, but she seems like a credible source. If you know something she doesn't (I'm not being a sarcastic ass...seriously), let me know.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I seriously doubt that they would own your songs. That's ridiculous.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
maybe if you try to make money FROM FACEBOOK.

I mean photos, if you're a model, you're not gonna be sued if you put your headshots on there and get picked up by some agency using that headshot... I doubt.

Fine you can agree to T&C's but surely its not proper law to have something like that in a T&C.
It's a myth. In fact those TOS agreements aren't legally binding. When my mate wanted to cancel his napster 12 month contract he just stopped the direct debit and heard nothing more.

Except our TOS, THEY are legally binding.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
bebo is in the clear

"Bebo does not claim any ownership rights in any Materials that you submit, post, or display on or through the Bebo Services or on the Bebo.com Web site. After submitting, posting or displaying Materials on or through the Bebo Services or on the Bebo.com Web site, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Materials, and you continue to have the right to use your Materials in any way you choose"
 [color="Navy"]_____         _____ _          _ _____   _     [/COLOR] 
[color="Blue"]|  _  |_ _ ___|   __|_|___    _| |  |  |_| |___ [/COLOR] 
[color="RoyalBlue"]|     | | |_ -|__   | | -_|  | . |  |  | . | -_|[/COLOR]
[color="Cyan"]|__|__|___|___|_____|_|___|  |___|_____|___|___|[/COLOR]

that is the sex
Quote by Big_Rat
Who needs that **** to promote your band anyways? If you're good you don't need it. IMO.

Dude, even Led Zeppelin had a myspace back in the sixties.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Dude, even Led Zeppelin had a myspace back in the sixties.

Except it was called spacebook and it was a monthly magazine featuring all the latest and greatest bands of the time, and if you clipped a coupon and sent in $10 you could get a book on how to play guitar like the rock gods..
Quote by Big_Rat
Of course they did, my bad. :d :d

n00b, I totally fooled you. They had it in the early fifties.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by soulflyV
Except it was called spacebook and it was a monthly magazine featuring all the latest and greatest bands of the time, and if you clipped a coupon and sent in $10 you could get a book on how to play guitar like the rock gods..

Was Moondog ever featured? He should have been.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Was Moondog ever featured? He should have been.

how the hell are you so funny.
i try
Quote by soulflyV
Umm....

Yeah. He was up there with the best of them.

>_>

<_<

His page had over 500 views! Of course it was on the back of the centrefold, so many people didn't see him. Or it her. Or it. Or them.

That's him. He was friggin' amazing. Seriously, go on Pandora and check him out like.. Right now.
Quote by vintage x metal

"Facebook does not assert any ownership over your User Content; rather, as between us and you, subject to the rights granted to us in these Terms, you retain full ownership of all of your User Content and any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights associated with your User Content."

>.>

<.<
Page 1 of 2